Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late mortgage payment due to holiday

tag
newstart13
Regular Contributor

Late mortgage payment due to holiday

okay,  I have a big problem. I've been on time will all bill payments for four years.  I have a mortgage with a small local bank.  In July I had to buy a new a/c for my house and it was 6,000. Instead of getting a loan, I talked to my banker and decided to let my home loan get to 29 days so that I could pay for a/c in full and then catch up on house payment in the new year.  Well, it's due on the 18th so that I won't get a 30 day late on my credit report.  I didn't realize Monday was MLK day and banks were closed.  I drove there to pay and doors were locked. I left it in the night drop box with a note that I paid on the 18th.  Banker called today and said that he was waiting to see if anything could be done.  The aggravating thing is that they are small bank and no online payments. Only mail or in person.  Is there anyway to fix this????  Please say yes

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Late mortgage payment due to holiday

BECAUSE it is such a small bank, you should be able to get hold of a senior enough person to ensure that they do not report a 30-day late. Go to the bank and ask to speak to the most senior person that is available. If they can't do that for you, ask them why you should continue to bank there. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.