Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of job/mortgage Qual?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Length of job/mortgage Qual?

Question?    I just finally am getting my credit cleaned up and figured I'd have about a year to let my scores grow (and pay off a tax lien that I am making payments on)

Just got a job news possible blow......I work for an attorney and my boss just applied for a judgeship - YAY for HIM - bad news for me - If he gets it - I have to find a new job - and will maybe only have 6 months at a new job by the time I planned on trying to buy a house next summer.

I've been at this firm for 6 years - and the firm before that for almost 2 before I quit in order to move back home from Florida.  

How bad is that going to hurt me?? - I have over 15 years in my industry - I just might not be at a new firm very long......Or am I going to have to wait longer???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Length of job/mortgage Qual?

As long as the new job is a similar/same line of work you will be just fine.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Thank Goodness.    I hated to think about all that crazy work I'd been doing the last couple of months to get the derogs off my credit and get some new cards - was just going to have to age out farther (not that that would be a bad thing)  But I really hate throwing my rent away every month.   I want a place we can call our own and do things to.

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

very typical question.

30 days f stubs from new job and good to go

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.