Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Processing

tag
Queenie17
Established Member

Loan Processing

I just signed my FHA mortgage loan application today.  I was asked to supply most recent pay stub, most recent bank statement, most recent 401K statement since I am getting my downpayment from 401K, and last 2 years of W2s.  What happens next? What exactly does the LO do to verify my information, especially credit accounts?  I have high income 100K+, low DTI, but mid FICO was 629 and I was preapproved.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Loan Processing

Loan officer will analyze the information you've provided, update the numbers (if needed) in their loan file, and will re-run automated underwriting to insure you still are pre-approved.  If additional verifications are needed  regarding what you are planning to provide they will contact your employer and the depositories where your money is on deposit.  Credit accounts are all listed on your credit report, so no additional verification of those is necessary (unless the information on the credit reports is incorrect and you are trying to obtain an approval with the unreported corrections).  At that point, if you haven't already received it, you should get a pre-approval letter.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 7
Queenie17
Established Member

So there is a second "pre-approval" letter?  When does the official approval occur?

Message 3 of 7
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

The official approval comes after an underwriter reviews everything including the property (appraisal)

and has concluded hat everything lines up with their guidelines

The LO is the collector and should have a fairly good idea of the outcome

but the underwriter has the final say

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 7
Queenie17
Established Member

What exactly does the underwriter do?

Message 5 of 7
ArmyStrong
Frequent Contributor

To my knowledge, it's like Brian said. In other words, they verify and confirm the information and documents you provided to the LO, and match it against the lending and/or underwriting guidelines set forth by that lender. If you fall within their guidelines, then you s/b ok. Hope that helps!

TU: 556 12/12/08 ~ EQ: 509 12/12/08 ~ EX: 509 12/12/08
TU: 588 8/7/09 ~ EQ: 529 7/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (509 12/12/08)
TU: 619 9/01/09 ~ EQ: 608 9/01/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 626 9/30/09 ~ EQ: 624 9/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL EQ: 624 10/7/09 LO PULL EX: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL
Message 6 of 7
Queenie17
Established Member

Thanks.  I just wanted to be sure that I understood the process.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.