cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal 100% First Time Home Buyers Program?

tag
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

Re: Navy Federal 100% First Time Home Buyers Program?

@jcrsmom wrote:

Thanks for the info.  For the DTI ratio, do they just figure debts and not monthly bills?  For cc's, my DTI is 3%.  Also, crdit score should not be a problem since it's 737 right now and I just paid off 2 other debts that were not yet marked on my report so that should boost it a bit more.

Did they look to see how much you had in savings?

DTI was calculated by looking at the min. payments on all outstanding debt in relation to my income. In order to get something not factored in you'd have to zero it out on the credit report before you apply.

They looked at all of my bank accounts as well as retirment accounts and the like.

Also, I think my closing and process was smooth, in part, due to me never causing delays on my side. I scanned everything I sent them and kept an organized digital dossiar of information. This ensured that I never had more than a 12 hour lag between when they requested something and I sent it over. More often than not, I responded to requests for documents within 10 minutes.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 21 of 22
jcrsmom
Contributor

Re: Navy Federal 100% First Time Home Buyers Program?

Ok figured the dti was just debts.  Thanks for the info. Who did you work with?

Current EX Score: 760

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.