Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prospect Mortgage

tag
talljules
Established Member

Prospect Mortgage

has anybody on the form done business with Prospect Mortgage? I contacted them a week ago and told them that I might be using them, however, not to run my credit score. I just needed some contact information. They seemed very reasonable and helpful, however, this morning I woke up and they ran my credit. Doesn't seem like a good way to start a new business partnership. And I wanted to say thank you to everybody in the community. Because if you don't help, I got my score from a 492 a 660 and approximately a year and a half.

Starting Score: 482
Current Score: 572 on 1/14 - 593 on 2/14 -612 on 3/14 - 627 on 3/15
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Re: Prospect Mortgage

@talljules wrote:
has anybody on the form done business with Prospect Mortgage? I contacted them a week ago and told them that I might be using them, however, not to run my credit score. I just needed some contact information. They seemed very reasonable and helpful, however, this morning I woke up and they ran my credit. Doesn't seem like a good way to start a new business partnership. And I wanted to say thank you to everybody in the community. Because if you don't help, I got my score from a 492 a 660 and approximately a year and a half.

This is horrible and highly unethical business practice!  You are definitely taking it much better than I would be at this point.  If you were only calling for contact information, did you provide them with enough personal information to include SSN that would allow them to pull your credit reports?  This is one reason I keep track of all my contact information and conversations to ensure that if this happens, the responsible party will answer to their wrongful actions.  I have never had any dealings with this mortgage company and this ensures that I would never.  If they start a business relationship/partnership off with this kind of behavior it may be indicative of further bad actions in the near future.  Good luck.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 2 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

well, you provided a social security number.... could have been a mistake.

likely not though.

just find another lender.... the next credit pull is FREE anyway

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 7
talljules
Established Member

thank you guys for your response. even though I asked the mortgage company and not to run my credit, I did provide them with the information to pull my credit. Bottom line, I have only myself to blame. However, the gentleman at the mortgage company and I had a conversation and I have to take ownership on my side as well. However, my question still remains. I'm wondering if anybody has done business with Prospect Mortgage.

Message 4 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i have competed against them.

i have been recruited by them

they aint no better or no worse than anyone else.

bottom line: they will be as good as their loan officer

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 7
talljules
Established Member

Thank you DallasLoanGuy.  Just don't know who to trust  out there  so I thought I would put it out to the group that has helped me out so far.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dallas said-

"i have competed against them.

i have been recruited by them

they aint no better or no worse than anyone else.

bottom line: they will be as good as their loan officer"

Reminds me of Moses and Pharaoh in 10 Commandments, "so let it be written..so let it be done"

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.