Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent solds in an area

tag
buyhouse36
Regular Contributor

Recent solds in an area

Is there a website where you can type in an address or zip and find out the home values for that area?? I think a builder is overpricing a house.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent solds in an area

Well, you can use websites like zillow.com and cyberhomes.com for rough general estimates of home values, but realize thats all they are, rough estimates based on proprietary algorithms. 

Many counties/cities have home assessment information posted on their government websites.  You can look up the property and see comparable sales in the area that were used for assessment values.  You really need to talk to your realtor and have them pull all the comps in the area to get an idea on what the current values are.  A home is only worth as much as someone is willing to buy it for ...............

Message 2 of 7
ponderous
New Contributor

If it is a community of several new houses and some have recently sold, the information should be availalbe as a public record at the county assessor's website for the area.  That is what I have been doing whenever I have looked at a new housing neighborhood...it can be very educational to say the least!
Elizabeth
3/23/09 - Eagle Home Morgage pulled a 742 on me?!!! WooHoo!!!!

3/16/09
TU 708
EQ 692
Message 3 of 7
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Try Zillow.com, not 100% accurate with value but they can sometimes come up with comps in an area.  Other than that you need access to an mls in your area and that is most likely impossible,
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zillow and Trulia are good for located recently sold propertiese but VERY inaccurate for finding home values. They are reporting values that are well over $100k off in my area.
Message 5 of 7
Eager2Learn
New Contributor

Not exactly sure about the legality of it, but some appraisers may be willing to provide a list of "comps" for a small donation for their time.  
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ziprealty.com is what i use to look recently sold homes. it also gives neighborhood info, etc.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.