cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revelate's home buying - here we go!

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Revelate's home buying - here we go!

@Revelate wrote:
Anyway signed today, dry state so:

7/24 - Signing

7/26 - Final Walkthrough

7/27 - Money to Escrow via Wire

7/28 - Chase Funds

7/29 - Close, in theory I get keys here.

This played out exactly as expected.  Got keys, got place.

Did wait too long to transfer utilities but such is life, only had two to deal with anyway... was fairly funny, apparently my current power company doesn't service the incorporated city of Los Angeles, so I get to open up a new utility account:

"We will need to check your credit, there may be a $200 deposit required"

"Sure, go ahead, there won't be."

"You're right, there wasn't."

Runnin credit checks with no shame!  Thank you MF and also for all the advice and feedback given in this thread which helped me navigate through this process.

        
Message 201 of 219
Lemmus
Established Contributor

CHpEAj9WUAAjOiq.jpg

Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•HALLELUJAH•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 202 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

7/24 - Signing

7/26 - Final Walkthrough

7/28 - Chase Funds

Did wait too long to transfer utilities but such is life, only had two to deal with anyway... was fairly funny, apparently my current power company doesn't service the incorporated city of Los Angeles, so I get to open up a new utility account:

Runnin credit checks with no shame!  Thank you MF and also for all the advice and feedback given in this thread which helped me navigate through this process.

Congrats!

Now rest up for the next big escapade.

Hope work settles down for you too.

Sit back and enjoy, you are now part of a re-gentrification movement, and they already gave you a grant for it, so you're involved now.

GL

Message 203 of 219
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

7/24 - Signing

7/26 - Final Walkthrough

7/28 - Chase Funds

Congrats!

Now rest up for the next big escapade.

Hope work settles down for you too.

Sit back and enjoy, you are now part of a re-gentrification movement, and they already gave you a grant for it, so you're involved now.

GL

Yeah, during the key hand over I ran into a couple people coming back from work / back from the gym, and I was scratching my head: all yuppies, I got a grant for this??  So were most of the people walking around, folks more clean cut than even I am.  Neighborhood is seriously misrepresented by some of the long-timers who live around here, ain't the same as 30 years ago.

Granted I bought where the money stopped last time, next big push will send that a few blocks further west though local neighborhood will serve me well: couple of decent bars and decent restaurants (although I'll be damned before I don't start cooking for myself this time) within walking/stumbling distance and an emminently affordable pilates/yoga/other studio half a block away which think I will go check out for some classes.  

Simply did not pick badly, going to like living here I think for the next 7ish years.

@Lemmus: Hahaha, yes!

        
Message 204 of 219
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on actually getting your keys!  Don't forget the housewarming party....after you get settled in Smiley Happy

Message 205 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a journey!  Congratulations, Revelate!!!  A big aha moment Smiley Happy

Message 206 of 219
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Congrats on actually getting your keys!  Don't forget the housewarming party....after you get settled in Smiley Happy

Sadly, the people I would invite, all belong to the "that's not a safe area!" crowd so not sure they'll be so enthused in coming over.  

My place, and from the sounds of it, it is another canary in my dating coal mine Smiley Happy.  

Bananas: yeah!  Now get on with your own journey! Smiley Wink

        
Message 207 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Sadly, the people I would invite, all belong to the "that's not a safe area!" crowd so not sure they'll be so enthused in coming over.  

My place, and from the sounds of it, it is another canary in my dating coal mine Smiley Happy.  

Bananas: yeah!  Now get on with your own journey! Smiley Wink

I know...the time to get back to business is coming up quickly.  September rolls around and it will be crunch time.  I really hope I can be successful this go round and be in a home by December being the latest. 

Message 208 of 219
dman23
Frequent Contributor

Lol...Just read another thread and realized you (Revelate) were in the mortgage process. I knew I'd find your home buying thread in the Mortgage Loans section. I'm planning/hoping to house hunt around May of 2016 so this thread will be interesting and enlightening I'm sure.

myFico Score Experian: Start (4/21/14) 626 Current (5/7/16) 841
myFico Score Equifax: Start (4/30/14) 694 Current (5/6/16) 838
myFico Score Transunion Start (5/01/2014) 727 Current (5/7/16) 842
Discover (4/24/14) 659 (5/5/16) 842
Message 209 of 219
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@dman23 wrote:

Lol...Just read another thread and realized you (Revelate) were in the mortgage process. I knew I'd find your home buying thread in the Mortgage Loans section. I'm planning/hoping to house hunt around May of 2016 so this thread will be interesting and enlightening I'm sure.

Laugh well the first part was interesting but the last several pages haven't been all that useful to anyone most likely as the second bite at the apple was mostly about dotting i's and crossing t's.  Hopefully it helps folks in the future.

        
Message 210 of 219
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.