Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores???

Some more details about what is on your report might help.

Do you have any positive tradelines established? or is everything negative?  You mentioned disputing things.

Message 11 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I have two car loans that are in the green and have always been in the green - never late....

I also have two student loans in the green - Never been late. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try opening two secured cards and see it helps.  I was in the same situation as you, couldn't get my scores to go up.  Adding two secured cards helped me a lot.

Also, any collections that are 2 years old or newer are probably hurting you if you have any.

Message 13 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Do you have a few good examples like what you used? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 14 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous_vanskike wrote:

Im about to lose it because it says my EQ Fico is 551.... im never goin to get it up.... 

If you pulled this EQ score from here on page 2 there should be a list of the factors that are hurting and helping your scores. They should be listed in order of importance. What does it say?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started off with a Bank of America and Capital One secured card, $300 limit on each.  Kept balances at 1% at statement reporting time.  Waited 3 months then went to the Capital One website and did their pre-approval process for another card since it doesn't affect your credit, got approved for a $300 regular card.  Have kept balances at 1% since April.

Then paid a 16 month old collection I had with First Premier.

I wound up  with a 140 point gain in my scores in about 6 months and got a mortgage approval. 

Message 16 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I can get a capital one regular credit card right now - As a matter of fact they mailed me just today saying i was approved for 300 dollars.... 

Message 17 of 18
mauve
Valued Contributor

The rebuilding boards can help you.  However, it sounds like you have a very limited history.  Your 2 biggest factors in your scores are payment history (35%) and your revolving credit utilization (30%).  If you have NO revolving credit (generally, credit cards), that 30% contribution is 0.  Opening one revolving account will help tremendously.  However, you may want to talk to a lender - they may or may not want you to have a new revolving account less than 6 months before you get a mortgage.  FHA may be the best option, rate-wise. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.