Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping for best VA Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping for best VA Loan

We have a preapproval from a mortgage broker w/4.6% interest and NO requirements to pay old collections.  Called USAA today and rec'd 3.75% interest rate but must pay over $2000 for old collections.  Should we keep shopping around??  Offer accepted on house today and inspection scheduled for Wednesday

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kjade1030

Re: Shopping for best VA Loan

I can do 3.75% and no collection payoff but I'd need some more info.  What is your credit score?  Any idea what your dti is?  Usually you don't have to pay collections if you get an automated approval.  If you have to do manual, you probably do.  I love VA loans and would be happy to help if you have questions.  4.6% seems really high unless you chose a higher rate to get a closing cost credit.  

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey there, could you please message me as well... I would love some more information about your VA loan program.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed 8/28/17  

We've been so busy & EXCITED with moving and getting settled in that I didn't get a chance to update here

Purchase Price: $340000
Signed Contract: 7/28/2017
Property Type: Single-Family Home
New/Existing: existing
Type of Loan: 30YR VA
Loan Rate: 4%
Application: 7/31/2017
Appraisal: completed 8/7/2017
Clear to Close: 8/18/2017
Closing Date: 8/28/2017
Closed On: 8/28/2017

Because of this message board I found a lender with a better rate, lower closing costs and who specializes in VA Loans.  Shop around if you know your credit is good.  I literally processed my application with this lender on 7/31/17, inspection completed on 8/2/17, appraisal on 8/7/17, approval from underwriting on 8/10/17, clear to close on 8/18 and closed ON TIME 8/28/17...forever grateful for a forum such as this Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, wasn't sure if I could place your name and contact info. here Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used Veterans United home loans and it was the simplest mortgage experience you could ask for.  I was not required to pay charge-offs.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations I'm very happy for you. Dv
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We started out with Veterans United early on for a pre-approval before we started looking but they were suggesting a payoff of old collection account that's already 6 yrs old even though scores were above needed. We quickly ditched them and found John at Great Plains Bank.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.