Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UW - Not clear yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UW - Not clear yet?

I am scheduled to close on Monday 9/21, but i am still dont get a clear to close as of today. My LO said my file looks good and will touch base tomorrow. Should I expect some delays? Is this normal?

THank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UW - Not clear yet?

I forgot to add my file went to UW 9/7, got the fully approved 2 days ago. but still no clear to close yet.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear to close often isn't given until the day before or even the day of closing. There are some exceptions though, we got ours almost 2 weeks before closing but that's not very common from my understanding. Don't worry, if your LO thinks things will be fine, they probably will be.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never heard the words "clear to close" but everything went exactly as scheduled.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still not have the 'clear to close' scare, nervous.
Message 5 of 9
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

I'd call up your loan officer and tell them that, and then ask what else needs to happen before the closing on Monday.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel. I was set to close on a Monday with No clear to close on the Friday before. As mentioned, you should call your LO and see where he is with everything. At this point, you should know exactly what the hold-up is.

Best Wishes!!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent him an email asked for the status and here is his email

"Yes we have a clear to close. Hope to have final numbers late this afternoon"

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the final number already with the preliminary HUD 1.

the scheduled is Monday, they haven't change the time yet. but i heard from some peoples here that they offen change the date and time at the last minute?

I am all set then? still scare.

thank all of you

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.