Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

Another Data Point, just joined...

Gathered the following docs:

1. NLUS Welcome Email showing I opted for San Diego (sent instantly after $25 e-membership signup)

2. Identification (Driver's License & Passport)

3. Address Verification (Bank Statement)

4. NFCU97 Membership Application Form (filled out the sections below)

a. Section B: Association/Community/Company and "NLUS-San Diego" on 'Sponsor Access No.' line

b. Section C: Navy

c. Section D: Employed Outside of the Government

Timeline:

Tuesday: Faxed docs to 703-206-4600

Thursday: Called to check app status. Was told they had not received my app and to call back in a couple business days

Friday: Emailed docs to membershipdocs@navyfederal.org

Monday: Called again to check app status. Was asked when I sent email and informed that they were 2 weeks behind on applications.

-CSR found my emailed app

-TU pull notification

-Congratulatory email from NFCU while still on hold with CSR

-CSR welcomes me to NFCU and sets up my online account access

Hopefully this helps anyone who stumbles on this thread and needs detailed answers; I felt the same when I came searching.

Good Luck Everyone!

Message 881 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you fund the initial $5 to open the account with a CC?
Message 882 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can you fund the initial $5 to open the account with a CC?

For NFCU, I charged $70.  For PenFed, I charged $100.  So, yes, you can use a credit card or debit card.

Message 883 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Will post with updates.
Message 884 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the number you all call to get a CSR to pull the app?

Applied using the mobile, immediately got the HP, about to email my ID/SS/Bank statement.
Message 885 of 1,187
jonfive
Established Member

I see all over that there's a TU HP upon application.

Is this just for identity verification?

Or will it effect my overall eligibility to join?

I wouldn't apply for a product right away, next year. Just want to solidify my 'place'.

Synchrony Amazon: 1500 | Synchrony Mavis Tire: 1900 | Chase Amazon: 2200 | Citi Doublecash (1): 500 | Citi Doublecash (2): 1000 | BestBuy: 3000 | Credit One: 2900 (closing) | Capital One Platinum: 1800 | Amex Blue: 2500 | NFCU CashRewards: 5000 | NFCU CLOC: 6000 | Paypal Credit: 2000 | Ikea: 2200 | Wellsfargo Microcenter: 1900
Message 886 of 1,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@jonfive wrote:

I see all over that there's a TU HP upon application.

Is this just for identity verification?

Or will it effect my overall eligibility to join?

I wouldn't apply for a product right away, next year. Just want to solidify my 'place'.

The HP on TU is just for identity verification; I've never heard of anybody being denied membership because of anything on their TU report.

FWIW, they also do a SP on EQ for new memberships, but it's rarely mentioned on here (probably because it's an SP).  They use some obscure code that lets you know it was for ID purposes as well.

Getting your membership as a 'place holder' isn't a bad idea; I actually had that in mind myself when I joined last fall since I knew my sponsor (my USAF brother) would be leaving active duty soon (I ended up apping for a card the same day... LOL).  At that time the NLUS path wasn't available so there was more urgency, but I can still see the value in getting the membership out of the way sooner than later. 

Message 887 of 1,187
jonfive
Established Member

The HP on TU is just for identity verification; I've never heard of anybody being denied membership because of anything on their TU report.

FWIW, they also do a SP on EQ for new memberships, but it's rarely mentioned on here (probably because it's an SP).  They use some obscure code that lets you know it was for ID purposes as well.

Getting your membership as a 'place holder' isn't a bad idea; I actually had that in mind myself when I joined last fall since I knew my sponsor (my USAF brother) would be leaving active duty soon (I ended up apping for a card the same day... LOL).  At that time the NLUS path wasn't available so there was more urgency, but I can still see the value in getting the membership out of the way sooner than later. 

I was reading on other forums looking for an answer, a lot of people were worried about things changing and eventually the SD not working anymore.

Not worried about it as long as it's for ID purposes

Thank you for the direct, concise answer Smiley Happy

Synchrony Amazon: 1500 | Synchrony Mavis Tire: 1900 | Chase Amazon: 2200 | Citi Doublecash (1): 500 | Citi Doublecash (2): 1000 | BestBuy: 3000 | Credit One: 2900 (closing) | Capital One Platinum: 1800 | Amex Blue: 2500 | NFCU CashRewards: 5000 | NFCU CLOC: 6000 | Paypal Credit: 2000 | Ikea: 2200 | Wellsfargo Microcenter: 1900
Message 888 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my membership as a place holder.  Im not ready to use them for any products at the moment, but I have been a member since April when I put together the Navy League process and it worked.

Since, many of my family have joined with my access #.

Message 889 of 1,187
jonfive
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I have my membership as a place holder.  Im not ready to use them for any products at the moment, but I have been a member since April when I put together the Navy League process and it worked.

Since, many of my family have joined with my access #.

Good to hear!

Do you need to maintain the membership?

I'm applied now, just waiting on a response Smiley Happy

Message 890 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.