Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

180 days Medical Debt

tag
ucdcrew
Contributor

180 days Medical Debt

I had a bill go to collections that I did not recieve.  Picked up a call from them today.  The original creditor states they cannot get it back.  Right now, its under 180 days, if I pay in full does it report?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

Re: 180 days Medical Debt

If it hasn't posted on you CR, pay it now. The 180 day thing is if it's getting paid by the insurance company.  

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 2 of 4
ucdcrew
Contributor

They agreed to not report.  I'm between pre-approval and closing on a mortgage....scary to have that one show up.  It was one of those where you get billed by the facility, and then by the provider for an ER, and the provider isn't in network.  I moved and I swear they sent it straight to collections cause I didn't get a bill, and my mail is being forwarded.  The CA actually said they're more lenient with that hospital because their billing department is so screwed up.  Phew!

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Under the recent "National Consumer Assistance Plan," the CRAs have announced a policy of excluding reporting on medical debt that is under 180 days since first delinquency.  Any reported collection must provide the DOFD.  If less than 180 days prior, the CRA should exclude even if reported.

If reported, it should be removable on that basis by contacting the CRA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.