Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 days in Cap1 $1000 CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 days in Cap1 $1000 CLI's

Wow!!! The day I've waited for has come. Today I hit the 60-day mark on my QS1 and my new QS (PC'd from a Plat 2wks ago) so I went online and hit the "Request credit line increase" link, entered the info and got;

Congratulations, you've been approved for a $1,500
credit line!
   I accept the higher credit line of $1,500.

on both cards!!! They were $500 CL's to start so YMMV with respect to the amount of increase.

I am soooo stoked! I have no idea what score they used. My current TU is 660 and EX is 603 (think I've read somewhere that they use this one for reviews). I've not really used them that heavy (maybe $1200 on the QS1 and $500 on the Plat/QS over the last 60 days). It appears that you don't need to bankrupt yourself trying to show that you can spend the world's GDP on the CC to get a CLI. I put more on the QS1 because of the rewards but have switched to my QS now and it will be my go-to CC for a while. I'll probably sock-drawer the QS1 till it's time to combine it into the QS.

This is the info I've been chasing. The earliest possible day to successfully request the 1st CLI in the STEPS program and there you have it. I hit it 2 days ago for reference and got the "Account too new" reply.

If you are over the 60 day point with either of the new version Cap1 CC's (Platinum with $0 AF - QS1 with $39 AF) you need to go into your acct and ask. Go to "Services", slide down to "More", look for "Request a credit limit increase" and fill in the blanks.

Hope this helps and inspires many to go for your dreams!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: 60 days in Cap1 $1000 CLI's

Congrats! Still waiting on my 2nd statement to cut before requesting CLIs on both of mine. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

Congrats! Still waiting on my 2nd statement to cut before requesting CLIs on both of mine. Smiley Happy

NO STATEMENT CUT! Just reached the 60day mark at midnight and pulled the trigger. If it's a no then it's a no. Won't cost you a thing.

Message 3 of 10
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I am not quite at the 60 day mark. I was approved for both on Jan 21, 2016.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow!!! The day I've waited for has come. Today I hit the 60-day mark on my QS1 and my new QS (PC'd from a Plat 2wks ago) so I went online and hit the "Request credit line increase" link, entered the info and got;

Congratulations, you've been approved for a $1,500
credit line!
   I accept the higher credit line of $1,500.

on both cards!!! They were $500 CL's to start so YMMV with respect to the amount of increase.

I am soooo stoked! I have no idea what score they used. My current TU is 660 and EX is 603 (think I've read somewhere that they use this one for reviews). I've not really used them that heavy (maybe $1200 on the QS1 and $500 on the Plat/QS over the last 60 days). It appears that you don't need to bankrupt yourself trying to show that you can spend the world's GDP on the CC to get a CLI. I put more on the QS1 because of the rewards but have switched to my QS now and it will be my go-to CC for a while. I'll probably sock-drawer the QS1 till it's time to combine it into the QS.

This is the info I've been chasing. The earliest possible day to successfully request the 1st CLI in the STEPS program and there you have it. I hit it 2 days ago for reference and got the "Account too new" reply.

If you are over the 60 day point with either of the new version Cap1 CC's (Platinum with $0 AF - QS1 with $39 AF) you need to go into your acct and ask. Go to "Services", slide down to "More", look for "Request a credit limit increase" and fill in the blanks.

Hope this helps and inspires many to go for your dreams!!!

On my CLI denials for low score, they have always quoted my Equifax FICO Score 5 (the mortgage score). They don't specifically say what FICO version they use but thats always been what the numbers line up with.

Message 5 of 10
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I will test this in a couple hours.  Today is 60 days for a QS1 I have......

From and including: Saturday, January 9, 2016
To, but not including Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Result: 60 days

Problem is I have a rather large balance on the card right now....

My EQ Score 8 is definitely 700.  My EQ Score 5 is PROBABLY about 670.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BallBounces wrote:

I will test this in a couple hours.  Today is 60 days for a QS1 I have......

From and including: Saturday, January 9, 2016
To, but not including Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Result: 60 days

Problem is I have a rather large balance on the card right now....

My EQ Score 8 is definitely 700.  My EQ Score 5 is PROBABLY about 670.

Balances have made no difference for me. When I got the early CLI on my wifes card, the balance was something like $480 on a $500 limit, and they still kicked it up to $1500.

Message 7 of 10
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Got inpatient.  Clicked.  Approved. 

Original Credit Line: $3,000 

New Credit Line: $5,000    

I also confirmed that I asked for a CLI after the first and second statements (late Jan and Late Feb) and was denied for 'too new'.  

Today is day 60 or 61 depending on your point of view and it was approved.                                      

YMMV.                                                       

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 8 of 10
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Skybuilder,  Thank you for the data points.  If you don't mind sharing what is your reported income?  This is exactly what I'm hoping to hear with my 60 day coming up in a few weeks.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EAJuggalo wrote:

Skybuilder,  Thank you for the data points.  If you don't mind sharing what is your reported income? About 1/3 of what it was 7yrs ago. $36KSmiley Mad I got caught hard in the crash.  This is exactly what I'm hoping to hear with my 60 day coming up in a few weeks.

It's kind of erratic because I've spent the past 2yrs building a non-profit with very little fundraising up to this point so I've had to rely on a few close friends and family to give into it for our salary.

They ask 3 questions;
Annual Income
Employment Status
Rent or Mtg payment
Monthly CC Spend (Optional)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.