Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex-Authorized User/Account manager?

tag
Jhm_13
Established Member

Amex-Authorized User/Account manager?

In order to get the history, Do I need to be added as an account manager and get a card? Or is just adding me as an account manager enough? I am added on a Delta Sky miles and Platinum as a manager.

Starting Score: EX 605 EQ 675 TU 665
Current Score: EX 605 EQ 675 TU 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: Amex-Authorized User/Account manager?

Im not familiar with the term "account manager" Is an account manager the same as an authorized user?
If it is just being added is fine, you do not necessarily need a card.
I was added as an AU to Amex in January of 2011 (did not get a card) and immediately gained 30 points (of course ymmv)
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 2 of 5
Jhm_13
Established Member

I think we did it right but I guess I'll wait and see. We did it online. We clicked the link to add authorized user which my dad then added me in and I got an email to rsvp as account manager. I then had to put in my SSN and other information. Hopefully it works and helps my credit!

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

AMEX has additional cardmembers rather than authorized users.

Each additional cardmember gets their own card, backdated to their own member since date, and doesn't inherit the prior history of the original cardmember.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
Jhm_13
Established Member

So basically being added as an account manager doesn't mean anything? Can I be added as an additional card member regardless of MY credit score? And would the limit on that card be based on the primary account holder or whatever they deem my credit worthiness? Sucks that I won't get backdated. I had read multiple threads and articles with people saying they had the history of the primary account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.