Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

tag
mec84
New Contributor

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

So here is my story.  Exactly a year ago i decided I wanted to buy a house.  I applied for a loan and was denied.  My scores were in the middle 500's.  I looked online and somewhere I got caught up with a credit repair company.  I paid them $75 a month for a year plus their 200 initial fee.  I must say i did alot of stuff removed from my reports.  Alot of stuff is still on there.  Everything left on my reports is marked as being disputed.  Now a year later my scores are still in the upper 500's and i think one is 610.  This has been a very slow moving journey.  I can not get approved for any credit cards.  and i only have 1 revolving fingerhut account.  I get very discouraged at times.  but then i think to my self"  come one you want to buy a house dont you"  so i get back on here and get more information as to what to do.  I got a lender pulled report about two weeks ago and Still not good.  What can i do to get my scores up?  I have sent 2 gw letters to a charge off that has been paid and another to a CA that had an old college bill.  I feel like i hit bottom and i have nowhere to go. 

THanks to all this has been the best advice i have gotten and i have learned that all that money i paid i could have done it all on my own,

lesson learned.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

The first thing that jumps out is the statement that you still having prior disputes marked as pending.

Until the dipute code is updated to show resolved, portions of the account are excluded from FICO scoring.  Thus, it appears that your current FICO score is not representative of your full file.

Any dispute made via a CRA requires termination of the dispute by sending of a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation within 5 days after completetion of their reinvestigation, and the reinvestigation must (normally) be completed within 30 days after receipt of the dispute.  Thus, any dispute older than approx. 35-40 days should be terminated, and the dispute code should be revised.  The CRAs are notorious for not completing this simple admiinstrative chore upon completion of disputes.

I would first focus on getting all pending dispute codes updated so that your score has meaning.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.