Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user

tag
simyengi
New Contributor

Re: Authorized user

Really? I need 52 pts by Nov. 1 to qualify for mortgage. I guess lowering my CC balances is the only way to go then?
Message 11 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

What is your overall utilization?

No, you are expected to make on time payments.  It's when your late that your score is affected.

Message 12 of 19
simyengi
New Contributor

It's about 60%with the closed accounts. Loan officer told me to pay down open accounts first.
Message 13 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, that is very high.  You will get a good bump if you pay them all down to at least 20%.

Not sure why he/she said open ones first.  When you pay off the closed ones they will never factor into your utilization again.

Message 14 of 19
AllyInSac
Established Member

I know it's kind of off topic, but I was wondering how long it took for the creditor to report to the CRAs that you are now an Authorized User for the account?

My husband did the same thing for the exact same reason.  It's been almost 3 months and the account has yet to reflect on my CRs.

Starting Score: 03/13 ESP-457 TU-503 EQ-505
Current Score: 7/18 ESP-695 TU 701 EQ-689
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@AllyInSac wrote:

I know it's kind of off topic, but I was wondering how long it took for the creditor to report to the CRAs that you are now an Authorized User for the account?

My husband did the same thing for the exact same reason.  It's been almost 3 months and the account has yet to reflect on my CRs.

Who is the creditor?  Do you know for a fact they report AU's.  Not all do.

Message 16 of 19
simyengi
New Contributor

It took two weeks for BoA to report.
Message 17 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@simyengi wrote:
It took two weeks for BoA to report.

it seems to be very hit or miss i was added to an cap one cc and it reported almost that week if i remeber correctly , the wellsfargo one has yet to report its been almost two months. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 18 of 19
simyengi
New Contributor

EX and TU are reporting. EQ has yet to add the account.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.