Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFW Collections refused PTD offer.

tag
buymeahome
Established Member

CFW Collections refused PTD offer.

I contacted CFW in regards to one amount that they just sent to collections that I didn't realize had went. Well the letter I got today gave a list amount owed but didn't list any real details.. There was a hand written note that said this is a total of the debts you owe and they do not take settlement offers - we will make sure we report paid to the Bureaus once you satisfy these debts. This was not signed so not sure who wrote the note. Do I need to send in a verification letter on each amount listed? Has anyone had any luch with CFW and getting these taken off credit report after payment. Not sure what to do now.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CFW Collections refused PTD offer.

Are all of the accounts reporting to your CR?

I would send a DV for each account they listed.

Message 2 of 5
buymeahome
Established Member

Not all of the accounts are listed on the credit report that is why I was like what is this amount. After I verify thiese debts do I reoffer to PTD?
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They said they wouldn't settle not do a PFD so I would.

Keep in mind that if you owe more than one debt to a CA, YOU control where the money is put.  If you want to just pay one account at a time, it is up to you.  They cannot bundle them together.

Message 4 of 5
buymeahome
Established Member

That is exactly what they did. They bundled them together. They didn't give any dates just amounts. Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.