Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 auto - another partial SUCCESS

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Cap1 auto - another partial SUCCESS

Not exactly what i wanted but it will help. My year long battle has resulted in the removal of 3 lates (4 total). They are removing a 60 day late and two 30 day lates from Jan 20112 through March 2012, respectively. I had previously got them to remove a 60 from Oct 2011. Score update in a week or so as they informed me they already sent updates to all three CRA. I really wanted Nov and Dec 2011 removed but we reached a compromise. Ill try to get those removed in 6 months Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 auto - another partial SUCCESS

Congrats!  I'd call it a win since they deleted the newer lates.  Those sting more!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Small victories are still victories.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

It just looks really odd on report. 8/11 - 30 day late, 9/11 - 60 day late, 10/11 - ok, 11/11 - 60 day late and 12/11 another 60 day late and then no missed payments since. The question ill get is how can you go from ok in 10/11 to 60 day late in 11/11? But you are correct, at least they removed the most recent ones. 3 less months of waiting until the account is a clean report.

Message 4 of 10
coterotie
Established Contributor

Hey who did you talk with?  I'm fighting with them now.  I had some lates from more than two years ago.  Paid off the loan early, perfect payment history the last 18 months.  Asked them to remove the a few of the older lates as a courtesy since they waived the late charges during that period due to their mistakes.  The customer advocate person supported this, but credit operations changed the newest currents to 90 days late, even though the loan was paid off 3 months prior to them reporting late.  When I protested the changes they came back and marked it current, then two months 90 days late, then the last month current.  Just killed my score and makes it look like I was late on the loan when I really wasn't. 

I'm not sure where to go since this is a car loan.

Message 5 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I told them i was going to file BBB complaint and i was investigating filing civil action against them for violation of agreement (i had entered into repayment program and they failed to honor terms). Once i said this i got a call from another consumer advocate within their company. Two things to note. 1. I am an attorney and they know this. Communications i sent them was on my firm's letterhead. They knew from this i wasn't bluffing. 2. I had documents and banking records supporting my position. It's next to impossible to get them to GW delete. You need to have other grounds.

Message 6 of 10
coterotie
Established Contributor

Thanks, I gave up on the GW part of stuff.  All I want them to do now is report it correctly.  I paid off the principal balance and then the loan termination fees and accrued late charges.  The CSR said I could take as long as i wanted on the accrued fees and charges and offered payments of $200 per month for 4 months.  I paid it off in 2.  This was reported accurately.  It was when I asked for the goodwill changes (and I sent the documentation to them documenting their mistakes and pointed out they waived all late charges for those periods) that they went back and reported the last 4 payments as Current, 90 days past due, 90 days pas due, current.  And changed the verbage from pays as agreed to paid 90 days late.

Message 7 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

The old saying of not looking a gift horse in the mouth comes to mind. I may just leave my account alone after this. My last score should break 700 with this and be above 720 when I get my UTIL under control. I'm sure there are a couple 30 day lates in history of loan they could report but haven't so I may just focus on last real baddie (Verizon paid CO from 2009)

Message 8 of 10
coterotie
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
The old saying of not looking a gift horse in the mouth comes to mind. I may just leave my account alone after this. My last score should break 700 with this and be above 720 when I get my UTIL under control. I'm sure there are a couple 30 day lates in history of loan they could report but haven't so I may just focus on last real baddie (Verizon paid CO from 2009)

Probably would have let the sleeping dog lie, but the Customer Advocate said she thought they should be deleted since it was their screwup that led to the late payments.  That's why she refunded more than $700 in late charges.  She ran interference for me, got her manager involved who also endorsed the change to the bureau.  She was shocked they did what they did and has tried twice in the last few months to help clear up the incorrect recent info.

Message 9 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Ugh. They removed the lates like they said but added back the October late. Now I've got to fight with them again. SW alert 4 pt bet gain. 689 now.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.