Anonymous
Not applicable

Challenge...

Help me rebuild my score.

Equifax Fico 8 655 Fico 5 603

Transunion Fico 8 687 (lender pull 599)

Experian Fico 8 656 Fico 5 598

Installment accounts

Car Payment July 2014 always current, pays as agreed.

So my biggest issue is student loans. According to Report I have 32 of them. 16 closed and transferred to another lender which would be the other 16. The 16 previous have 0 balances and they all say pays as agrees. The 16 new ones have balances, they also have late payments in Nov 13, Dec 13, Jan 14 and Feb 14 which stemmed from a mistake on Sallie Mae’s part (I was in deferment) and despite my proof they will not remove or even fix. So argh. I know that’s dragging me down. I removed all disputes so on Equifax and Transunion they now say pays as agrees. For some reason Experian has to rub salt in my wound and it says “current/was 180+ days late” Thanks, jerks.

Revolving accounts good

Card 1 with 300 limit opened in 12/14. No lates. States pays as agrees. 0 balance

Card 2 with 2500 limit opened 5/14. no lates. Pays as agreed 0 balance

Card 3 opened 1986 always current, 17,200 for a credit limit 1952 owed.

Revolving accounts bad

Card 1 only reporting to Equifax and Experian listed as collection-paid charged off. Status date is listed as  April 2014 on Equifax, Nov 2010 on Transunion and December 2010 on Experian.  Only Experian is showing Red dots on my report and they go back to 2009 and 2010

Card 2 Was always current. I closed it in Jan 2013 due to it being stolen by an ex. It’s not reporting bad…its just hanging out there.

Collection accounts

One reporting to all three. Comcast Cable 154.00 from July 30, 2014. No idea what this is. Haven’t had Comcast cable in at least 6 years..

Experian has an Xcel energy bill for 353 from Feb 2014 (this was way old. I paid this off in Feb of 2014) shows 0 balance and says, Account legally paid in full for less than the full balance

Equifax has a medical bill for 454, they don’t list a creditor just that it’s a collection agency.  I’ve tried to figure out what this is a million times, I have no idea….date assigned August 2011.

That is it. All the good and the bad….Can anyone see anything I can do to get my score up about 20 points pretty quickly?

I want to buy a house. I’m so close…..All my stuff is so old. I ruined my credit when I was a teenager and have never been able to get out under this hole I dug. I can almost see the silver lining.  Suggestions? Feel free to ask any questions of me.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Challenge...

@Anonymous wrote:

Help me rebuild my score.

Equifax Fico 8 655 Fico 5 603

Transunion Fico 8 687 (lender pull 599)

Experian Fico 8 656 Fico 5 598

Installment accounts

Car Payment July 2014 always current, pays as agreed.

So my biggest issue is student loans. According to Report I have 32 of them. 16 closed and transferred to another lender which would be the other 16. The 16 previous have 0 balances and they all say pays as agrees. The 16 new ones have balances, they also have late payments in Nov 13, Dec 13, Jan 14 and Feb 14 which stemmed from a mistake on Sallie Mae’s part (I was in deferment) and despite my proof they will not remove or even fix. So argh. I know that’s dragging me down. I removed all disputes so on Equifax and Transunion they now say pays as agrees. For some reason Experian has to rub salt in my wound and it says “current/was 180+ days late” Thanks, jerks. I think there was a recent suit against Sallie Mae for this sort of thing - Google it and see if you can get some ammunition from it.

Revolving accounts good

Card 1 with 300 limit opened in 12/14. No lates. States pays as agrees. 0 balance

Card 2 with 2500 limit opened 5/14. no lates. Pays as agreed 0 balance

Card 3 opened 1986 always current, 17,200 for a credit limit 1952 owed. Pay this to below $1720 (<10% UTI) Should get some immediate points (is this an AU account?)

Revolving accounts bad

Card 1 only reporting to Equifax and Experian listed as collection-paid charged off. Status date is listed as  April 2014 on Equifax, Nov 2010 on Transunion and December 2010 on Experian.  Only Experian is showing Red dots on my report and they go back to 2009 and 2010

Card 2 Was always current. I closed it in Jan 2013 due to it being stolen by an ex. It’s not reporting bad…its just hanging out there. Don't worry about Card 2, its a positive.

Collection accounts

One reporting to all three. Comcast Cable 154.00 from July 30, 2014. No idea what this is. Haven’t had Comcast cable in at least 6 years.. DoFD? Who is reporting?

Experian has an Xcel energy bill for 353 from Feb 2014 (this was way old. I paid this off in Feb of 2014) shows 0 balance and says, Account legally paid in full for less than the full balance DoFD? Try to GW it off.

Equifax has a medical bill for 454, they don’t list a creditor just that it’s a collection agency.  I’ve tried to figure out what this is a million times, I have no idea….date assigned August 2011. DV it to try to find out info. Use the contact info on your report.

That is it. All the good and the bad….Can anyone see anything I can do to get my score up about 20 points pretty quickly?

I want to buy a house. I’m so close…..All my stuff is so old. I ruined my credit when I was a teenager and have never been able to get out under this hole I dug. I can almost see the silver lining.  Suggestions? Feel free to ask any questions of me.

You CAN do it. It just takes a little knowledge, time, patience and discipline.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the Discover is an AU account. It's my moms and I've been on it since college. Figured it's probably helping me more than hurting me.

Comcast, I have no idea what the DOFD is. I know I haven't had comcast in probably about six years. It's reporting like it's new though. Date is July 2014. No idea on this one, but it's totally plausible.

Xcel, it's listing as Feb 2014. That is when I paid it off. The other two bureaus removed it for me. Experian just won't. I hate them.

The medical bill...there is no contact information on my report. For name of collection agency it literally says 613YC00000. No idea what this is. No interest in paying it. I did have a lot of medical bills that I took care of a long time ago. I'm thinking this is a mistake or a stragler sold to a horrible collection agency that just won't remove it. If I knew what it was I could 99% prove I paid it. It's from August 2011. (that's when it's reporting.) I think it's probably from 2007 or 2008 when my daughter had her seizure. It should be paid off, but I can't prove it because I have no idea what it is or who has it. I haven't recieved any letters....it's only on the one bureau...

Good contact info for Sallie Mae?? I really hate those guys.

Also, Any idea on this question...This is just with experian. So, lender pull had experian at a 642 on February 10. I checked myfico8 and it said 647. OK. Fine. Got a notice that my Experian jumped up to a 656 on the score 8. So, I ran a report to see what a lender pull would put it at. IT DROPPED THE SCORE  TO A 601!! Why?? Now, my top lender pull is basically my middle and too low to qualify for ANYTHING. Why would my fico score go up 9 point and my fico 2 (mortgage lender) score drop 41??

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, just got off the phone with Navient (previously Sallie Mae) and they told me to pound sand. I'm screwed forever.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the Discover is an AU account. It's my moms and I've been on it since college. Figured it's probably helping me more than hurting me. Maybe, maybe not - depends on who's looking at it.

Comcast, I have no idea what the DOFD is. I know I haven't had comcast in probably about six years. It's reporting like it's new though. Date is July 2014. No idea on this one, but it's totally plausible. Pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com and it should show the DoFD.

Xcel, it's listing as Feb 2014. That is when I paid it off. The other two bureaus removed it for me. Experian just won't. I hate them. Experian are total a-holes. Your free reports should show the actual DoFD or estimated falloff date in the status block.

The medical bill...there is no contact information on my report. For name of collection agency it literally says 613YC00000. No idea what this is. No interest in paying it. I did have a lot of medical bills that I took care of a long time ago. I'm thinking this is a mistake or a stragler sold to a horrible collection agency that just won't remove it. If I knew what it was I could 99% prove I paid it. It's from August 2011. (that's when it's reporting.) I think it's probably from 2007 or 2008 when my daughter had her seizure. It should be paid off, but I can't prove it because I have no idea what it is or who has it. I haven't recieved any letters....it's only on the one bureau... I had one with a weird name like that on EQ, but it has a contact address. If it does not show a contact on your free full reports, I do not believe thats legal. I'm fairly sure I read that they must have a valid contact address or phone number for a derogatory entry.

Good contact info for Sallie Mae?? I really hate those guys. Check in the SL section of the site.

Also, Any idea on this question...This is just with experian. So, lender pull had experian at a 642 on February 10. I checked myfico8 and it said 647. OK. Fine. Got a notice that my Experian jumped up to a 656 on the score 8. So, I ran a report to see what a lender pull would put it at. IT DROPPED THE SCORE  TO A 601!! Why?? Now, my top lender pull is basically my middle and too low to qualify for ANYTHING. Why would my fico score go up 9 point and my fico 2 (mortgage lender) score drop 41?? No telling, the formulae are "top secret"... But it is quite common for them to deviate considerably.

"

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The 3 basic scores on MF are FIco 08, the mortgage lenders use Fico 04 so there usually is a bit of a difference between the 2 models. Also in your re build to remove derogs if you dont get a PFD or a dispute doesnt result in removal of incorrect info if it hasnt been updated in a while its going to drop your score.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no derogs that have recently left. The only thing that changed for the score drop is I paid a credit card down. That's it.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are sure a derog item that was dormant for a while did not update? I had that happen with my EQ report - one collector that I sent a PFD offer to, decided to update their report after about two years of it 'aging'. As a result, while my other scores jumped 30+ points over the last couple of months of good UTI%, my EQ score only rose a few points.

Message 8 of 10
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

I called Comcast on behalf of DD.  If you listen to their "press # for....", one of them is "press # for Exec Office".  I pressed that and talked to a wonderful lady there.  She did a PFD for 50% of the orig balance....on a 6 mo old collection.  You should be able to reach their EO and get a PFD (IMHO).  The recent reporting of a CA acct is hurting you a lot! 

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, just got off the phone with Navient (previously Sallie Mae) and they told me to pound sand. I'm screwed forever.

Just because some DB on the phone insists they are right does not make it so. Sallie Mae has actually had NUMEROUS class action lawsuits against them in recent years - google "Sallie Mae Lawsuit" to get an idea of just how crappy they really are. You may need to threaten them with your own lawsuit to get them to do whats right. Contact a consumer attorney from NACA if you need to.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.