Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase was a NO GO

tag
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Chase was a NO GO

So I have sent various GW letters to Chase and a few emails to the EO as well. Monday I received a call from the EO office and the lady let me know that she had told me back in April that they would not delete the lates and that her response was going to be the same no matter who I write to Smiley Sad

So I guess I am just out of luck with that one...how discouraging!

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase was a NO GO

@JPeanut503 wrote:

So I have sent various GW letters to Chase and a few emails to the EO as well. Monday I received a call from the EO office and the lady let me know that she had told me back in April that they would not delete the lates and that her response was going to be the same no matter who I write to Smiley Sad

Do not give up, continue sending 1 letter a month to the EO asking for what you want, ignore their negative responses, you may have to check your CRs every month as they will probably not continue sending you a response. If no change out goes another letter until you get what you want. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Do not give up, continue sending 1 letter a month to the EO asking for what you want, ignore their negative responses, you may have to check your CRs every month as they will probably not continue sending you a response. If no change out goes another letter until you get what you want. Good luck Smiley Happy

You don't think that will anger them to NOT do it? Maybe next time I will just not answer when they call me so I don't have to talk to the lady Smiley Happy

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@JPeanut503 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

You don't think that will anger them to NOT do it? Maybe next time I will just not answer when they call me so I don't have to talk to the lady Smiley Happy

Frankly personally I never cared if it angered them when I was doing my repair, the more angry they are the more apt they are to want to get you out of their hair... Anger does have its place. Your choice though.

Message 4 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I agree with the recommendation by gdale6. Rebuilding one's credit profile requires patience and tenacity. Someon'e no today becomes a maybe tomorrow and a yes next week.

Having been in commission sales for a long time, I have learned to see a no as bringing me one step closer to a yes. Food for thought.

Message 5 of 8
eagle2013
Established Contributor

+100 to the above statements. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Message 6 of 8
waterpistol
Established Member

@JPeanut503 wrote:

Can you PM me the address you sent the GW letters too?  Thank you

Message 7 of 8
wa3more
Established Contributor

I had same experience as OP with Chase.

I have a 25 year relationship with chase. In 2009 , i had a couple 30+ lates.  Never late prior to this or since. Never late on mortgage in 16 years.

Chase told me to stick it. They were not changing anything because of data integrity and FCRA compliance.

I would not waste any more time with Chase. You have a much better chance of seeing Elvis knocking at your front door than Chase changing your credit report.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.