Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Removal Question....

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Collection Removal Question....

My credit is clean and clear and I am now in the garden with my new credit. I had one collection account that was only on my TU and at the end of last week I disputed it. It was really old and I don't remember it being mine at all. It was going to fall off at the first of 2014. The amount was 95.00. So, I got an email from TU over the weekend saying that the account had been removed. I am very glad but that seemed alittle quick. Do they initally remove the account you are disputing until they get validation or did they get validation that it was not mine that quick? I am happy about it but it felt almost too easy. I have never had removed anything myself before.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Collection Removal Question....

I've received results of a dispute within 4 or 5 days.

Log back on to TU web site, to see your dispute results and your updated report.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection Removal Question....

That's the only thing I've ever seen TU do quickly. Deletion based on dispute.

I've had 2 old collections delete after 24-48 hours. At this point, they haven't reinserted.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.