Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused about scores

I recently filed for bankruptcy.  I have started monitoring my scores.  I am confused because they are never the same.  I have signed up at different sites in hopes of finding one to subscribe to.  The thing is, my score varies, sometimes as much as 100 points.  How do you find your real score (whatever that is)?  I'm not very credit savvy, but I want to be.  I need herlp knowing where to look.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused about scores

Look for the FICO trademark and logo. If you do not see "FICO" displayed prominantly, then its not a "true" score and is essentially useless.

The best places to get your FICO scores are here at myFICO, and at Credit Check Total.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Look for the FICO trademark and logo. If you do not see "FICO" displayed prominantly, then its not a "true" score and is essentially useless.

The best places to get your FICO scores are here at myFICO, and at Credit Check Total.

I did Credit Check Total's free trial to see where I was after BK (shockingly I was about the same as what CK reported). You really don't need to know your scores while open BK, it will fluxuate quite a bit. I would wait and invest money in it after you've been DC. While open for BK, just credit monitoring such as Credit Karma is fine in my opinion so you can see things being updated on your report. You can also make sure to go to each CB and dispute all your accounts as IIB/Zero balance. Most of my creditors updated without issue, a few I had to dispute a couple times. One I'm still fighting with, however normally it's pretty easy, just stay on top of it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I did Credit Check Total's free trial to see where I was after BK (shockingly I was about the same as what CK reported). You really don't need to know your scores while open BK, it will fluxuate quite a bit. I would wait and invest money in it after you've been DC. While open for BK, just credit monitoring such as Credit Karma is fine in my opinion so you can see things being updated on your report. You can also make sure to go to each CB and dispute all your accounts as IIB/Zero balance. Most of my creditors updated without issue, a few I had to dispute a couple times. One I'm still fighting with, however normally it's pretty easy, just stay on top of it.

I agree - if the BK is not yet discharged, don't even bother with monitoring scores.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.