Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards and a Dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Cards and a Dispute?

Im new here and im just learning some of this stuff so please bare with me. My currget score is 557 and I would like to be able to get my score to 750. I have made some mistakes in my past. I have a new truck that I am making payments on time for and a car I made payments on time for and paid off except for a mistake on one month and currently working with Ford to get that 30 day late taken off. I noticed on my Credit Report, I had a deliquent account wih Fred Meyer. I had paid it in full after about 3 months and they stated they would remove it from my credit. When checking my report and saw that it was still listed ad says the account is revolvnig. It says on one paid off, and the other two disputed by consumer. It also show all payments were ok. Does this mean it is no longer negative or is it still considered a negative and should I dispute it?

My second question is around the same thing. It shows through Arvest that I have a 0 balance and it was sent to collections. however it says in comment Paid/Charge off. What exactly does this mean?

And my final question: Is I currently have a Secured Card with 500 dollar limit (however after looking at some post I have been going about it wrong). I plan on next month opening a second secured card, but how many credit cards should a person have. I have heard about getting store cards and stuff.

Thank you guys for the help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Cards and a Dispute?

Hello and welcome to the forums!

First I want to say congrats to you on rebuilding your credit, and I might say you came to the right place.

On the Fred Meyer, so far it looks OK, but go over that tradeline carefully and make sure it's not reporting anything bad.  Or just leave off the acct. # and post on here and let us take a look at it.

On Arvest that means that it was past due, they wrote it off, and you paid it.  You need to send them a GW letter to see if you can get that one removed.

Generally speaking, it takes 3 revolving acct. to maximize your score, so definitely get another.  Good Luck

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.