Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit rebound-$300 Collections

tag
mcguicm
New Visitor

Credit rebound-$300 Collections

Hello All Looking for a little info on rebounding my credit score.

I had a credit score of 781 and a unpaid dentist bill went to collections causing my score to drop 104!

My credit history. I have a mortgage. Have 3 credit cards with a total of around 45k available credit. The balance on them in normally less than 500 total. No other debts or loans. Basically I try and pay for things only using credit cards then pay them off that month. This is my first negative tick on my report. Im 27. Had my own credit card since age 18.

Any ideas on how fast my score will rebound.  I have seen a uptick of 6 points after I paid it. Should I just expect increase each month? I am new to rebuilding a score.

I had plans on starting a Small business within the next year. So Im trying to have as good of a score as possible.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit rebound-$300 Collections

Did you just pay it or did you do a PFD?  If you just paid and it is still on your CR start sending them GW letters to remove. Who is it with?

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 2 of 7
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

@cookiebird wrote:

Did you just pay it or did you do a PFD?  If you just paid and it is still on your CR start sending them GW letters to remove. Who is it with?

I agree GW the heck out them. I'd send one every week.

Message 3 of 7
mcguicm
New Visitor

This is the company. Metro Check of Colorado. I just paid it. I honestly did not know any better. Would have PFD if I would have known it just stays on their. First time offender so I plead ignorance.

What is a GW and how does it work?

http://www.bbsltdcollects.com/metro-check/

Message 4 of 7
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

@mcguicm wrote:

This is the company. Metro Check of Colorado. I just paid it. I honestly did not know any better. Would have PFD if I would have known it just stays on their. First time offender so I plead ignorance.

What is a GW and how does it work?

http://www.bbsltdcollects.com/metro-check/

Its just you send them a good will letter. In the letter you basically ask them to remove from all your credit files. be nice. remind them that you have paid the full balance and u ask of them to remove from your credit file.

Message 5 of 7
mcguicm
New Visitor

Could I call?

Message 6 of 7
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Yes you can call.... but if they say no start GWl everyone in that office even the CEO if need be. Find out who the vip's in that company.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.