Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Reply from Enhanced Recovery

tag
burknutz11

DV Reply from Enhanced Recovery

Hello all,

This is my first post after being a long time lurker.  I have been very impressed with the wealth of information that I have have come across just from browsing all of the posts on here. I'm just beginning to work on removing some old collection accounts on my credit reports. I sent a DV letter to Enhanced Recovery for a Comcast account that they are collecting on from 2009 in the amount of $311. The account is from when I was in college where I moved out and left my roommates to pay the bill. I never bothered to take the account out of my name and now I'm left holding the bag.  Foolish, I know.  Anyway, I'm not really concerned about the $311, but I would like to get the account removed from my credit reports. 

I determined that Comcast still owns the debt, but they are not reporting it on my credit reports as Enhanced Recovery is only one reporting it. First, I emailed Comcast directly to confirm the debt was mine, and they emailed me a copy of the final bill showing the outstanding amount that is currently in collection. I offered to PFD after receiving their reply, but they would only agree to have the CA report the debt as paid and not completely delete the collection account from my reports. I couldn't get them to budge on this. 

Next, I sent a DV letter to Enhanced Recovery. They sent a reply, but I'm confused about the next way to proceed. This is the letter they sent me along with a copies of the the last two bills from Comcast:

Re: Dispute and validation request

ERC Reference Number: XXXXXXXX

ERC Customer: XXXXX

Dear blah blah,

Our offices are in receipt of your letter of dispute and request for verification pursuant to 15 U.S.C 1692g of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. This letter is a response to your dispute.  Please be advised we have contacted our client, who has confirmed the name and address listed on the account as well as the amount owed. Enclosed is a summary of the charges on the account and any billing statements provided by our client that confirm the charges.

Please be advised we have reported this debt to consumer reporting agencies, but in acknowledgement of your dispute, we have requested the account be removed from all credit reporting agencies. Consumer reporting agencies may take up to 30 days or longer to update reports and this is beyond our control.

Should you have any questions regarding this account or any information provided at this time, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC

This communication is made for the limited purpose of responding to your dispute and is NOT an attempt to collect a debt.

In my DV letter, I did not directly dispute anything and just asked for verification of the debt. I am not entirely sure the best way to proceed. I would really like to pay this account and put it behind me, but I really do not want the account to show up again on my reports.  Should I call Enhanced Recovery and offer to pay the debt under the condition that they do not re-report the debt to the CRA's (in writing)?  Pay Comcast before Enhanced Recovery reports the debt again? Do nothing? I just received the letter is the mail today, so I have not seen anything removed from credit reports yet. 

Sorry for the long winded post, and thank you in advance for any help that you are able to offer. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: DV Reply from Enhanced Recovery

@burknutz11 wrote:

Hello all,

This is my first post after being a long time lurker.  I have been very impressed with the wealth of information that I have have come across just from browsing all of the posts on here. I'm just beginning to work on removing some old collection accounts on my credit reports. I sent a DV letter to Enhanced Recovery for a Comcast account that they are collecting on from 2009 in the amount of $311. The account is from when I was in college where I moved out and left my roommates to pay the bill. I never bothered to take the account out of my name and now I'm left holding the bag.  Foolish, I know.  Anyway, I'm not really concerned about the $311, but I would like to get the account removed from my credit reports. 

I determined that Comcast still owns the debt, but they are not reporting it on my credit reports as Enhanced Recovery is only one reporting it. First, I emailed Comcast directly to confirm the debt was mine, and they emailed me a copy of the final bill showing the outstanding amount that is currently in collection. I offered to PFD after receiving their reply, but they would only agree to have the CA report the debt as paid and not completely delete the collection account from my reports. I couldn't get them to budge on this. 

Next, I sent a DV letter to Enhanced Recovery. They sent a reply, but I'm confused about the next way to proceed. This is the letter they sent me along with a copies of the the last two bills from Comcast:

Re: Dispute and validation request

ERC Reference Number: XXXXXXXX

ERC Customer: XXXXX

Dear blah blah,

Our offices are in receipt of your letter of dispute and request for verification pursuant to 15 U.S.C 1692g of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. This letter is a response to your dispute.  Please be advised we have contacted our client, who has confirmed the name and address listed on the account as well as the amount owed. Enclosed is a summary of the charges on the account and any billing statements provided by our client that confirm the charges.

Please be advised we have reported this debt to consumer reporting agencies, but in acknowledgement of your dispute, we have requested the account be removed from all credit reporting agencies. Consumer reporting agencies may take up to 30 days or longer to update reports and this is beyond our control.

Should you have any questions regarding this account or any information provided at this time, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC

This communication is made for the limited purpose of responding to your dispute and is NOT an attempt to collect a debt.

In my DV letter, I did not directly dispute anything and just asked for verification of the debt. I am not entirely sure the best way to proceed. I would really like to pay this account and put it behind me, but I really do not want the account to show up again on my reports.  Should I call Enhanced Recovery and offer to pay the debt under the condition that they do not re-report the debt to the CRA's (in writing)?  Pay Comcast before Enhanced Recovery reports the debt again? Do nothing? I just received the letter is the mail today, so I have not seen anything removed from credit reports yet. 

Sorry for the long winded post, and thank you in advance for any help that you are able to offer. 

Ask comcast if they can pull back the collection from the CA. and just pay them

Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They are deleting it.  I don't see any problems.

Now pay Comcast before they can assign it to another CA.

Message 3 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

They are deleting it.  I don't see any problems.

OMG I'm going blind LOL

Message 4 of 9
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

That's what it sounds like to me, that they're deleting it. Good job. And not a penny out of your pocket. Lol! (at the CA).

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 5 of 9
burknutz11

Thank you for the quick responses. I just called and payed off my balance with Comcast. Hopefully that is the last I will hear of this!
Message 6 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

I sent Enhanced Recovery a DV letter and also received the same exact letter!  So weird!  Why would they validate but also delete?  Not that I'm complaining but it's baffling.  So weird!!  I know it's recent but have you seen it disappear yet?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 7 of 9
acwalker01
Established Member

Would those that have had success with Enhanced Recovery please send me their contact info?  I have one collection from AT&T and it's the only one left on my CRs.  I spoke with someone at at CA but he said they would not PFD and would not offer a settlement.  I owe about 460.  Any assistance offered would be appreciated.

Also, congrats to those that have had success with them!

Starting Score: EQ 546; EX 562; TU 577 Jan 2013
Current Score: EQ 600; EX 651; TU 645 Feb 2013
Goal Score: 700 all three reports
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Bronze Spade Garden Member - Last app 12/11/12. Goal: No Apps until 12/2013.
Message 8 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@acwalker01 wrote:

Would those that have had success with Enhanced Recovery please send me their contact info?  I have one collection from AT&T and it's the only one left on my CRs.  I spoke with someone at at CA but he said they would not PFD and would not offer a settlement.  I owe about 460.  Any assistance offered would be appreciated.

Also, congrats to those that have had success with them!

That was in March that they sent me that letter.  I ended up paying the OC directly in April and sent Enhanced ad GW/"reminder to delete" letter.  Today is about 2 months later and it's still on my report.  Last night I disputed with EX to see if that would help.  So, although the letter got me excited, no success yet.  Smiley Sad

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.