Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning notice from deleted collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dunning notice from deleted collections

I have 4 medical collections that I was able to have removed from EX and TU using HIPAA but wasn't successful with EQ. However, I did another dispute with them recently for the same 4 accounts and they were deleted as of today (waiting on EQ to make the results available online) but as luck would have it I got a notice in the mail from the CA dated 5/31. It was just a bill basically stating I had 30 days to dispute the validity. Should I even bother since it's already been deleted from all 3 CRAs? And if I do need to dispute the validity how do I go about doing that?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Dunning notice from deleted collections

It depends upon what you disputed as inaccurate, and what was determined in the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation that was received from the CRA.

Disputes pertan to the investigation of specific inaccuracies in reported information.

If the dispute only related to the accuracy of information that did not relate to the validity of the debt, then the outcome of the dispute would not mandate any deletion of the entire collection.  What was disputed, and did the Notice of Results state that the CRA deleted the entire colleciton?

The deletion of the collection may have been voluntary by the debt collection, and could be reinserted by them or another debt collector.

The issue of validity of the debt is the subject of a possible DV, which is separate from issues of accuracy of credit reporting.

If you still contest the validty of the debt, then you should consider sending a timely DV to impose a cease collection bar.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.