Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Dispute response time?

tag
cxp2001
Valued Member

Equifax Dispute response time?

II've submited a dispute with EQ online on Jan 20th. Has anyone has experience with them taking up to 45 days to provide results? Maybe thats a good thing, waiting for the CA to response. Not sure if the CA has 30 or 45 days to respond before the CRA deletes the TL on my CR.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax Dispute response time?

I am experiencing the same issue....its been since 1/24 and no response yet...and i disputed with the other CA and they fixed the error in 1 business day.
Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I submitted a dispute with them on Jan 25th and it said on their website that it would be resolved by March 9th. I was shocked, I thought they had 30 days!! However, yesterday, I looked on their site and my dispute was resolved, and in my favor. I was so happy, now just waiting to see if Myfico will give me a score watch alert...hoping to get a good bump in score. Hope this helped.
Message 3 of 10
cxp2001
Valued Member

That is great news.. Hopefully there will be a positive reflection on your CR. I  thought they had 30 days to respond. I hope I have good results with mine..
Message 4 of 10
cxp2001
Valued Member

Well I just checked the website and the dispute was complete today. It was a positve outcome. Two PDF collections were removed after approx 50 days of payment. Hopefully that will help my fico, two more to go.
Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If your report was obtained through free annual credit reports it takes 45 days for the dispute process.

Any other way is 30 days with an extention of 15 days if you provide additional information about the dispute.

Message 6 of 10
cxp2001
Valued Member

I see,, I did received the report from Free Annual Credit Report site, and disputed via the site. THanks for making the clear for me.
Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed my dispute on May 2, 2014 and it has been over 2 months. They sent me an email at 45 days telling me that the bank did not respond so no it is my obligation to contact the bank. According to the law it says that they have 45 days. I read them the law and they still refused to delete it. They said that they will not delete it until my bank writes them (even if I have to wait a couple of years). I informed them that it is Equifax's job to delete it. I ended up contacted a couple government agencies, lawyer and a couple politicians who all told me to call them and demand to have it deleted. I called them and they are still refusing even though it's been well almost 2.5 months. Is there anything that I can do? I would love to hear a response.

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

How do you find out when the dispute was first filed? Because I am sure this one on my report I disputed over a year ago and it's still in dispute with all 3 CRA's

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.