Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian isn't investigating anymore

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Experian isn't investigating anymore

I have sent these guys numerous disputes CMRRR and what they are now doing is fowarding the dispute directly to the OC or CA instead of investigating themselves. Which also mean the CA's now have my updated mailing addresses and information.

I was wondering why on earth was the CA sending me garbage letters all of a sudden including something written on a piece of paper that they feel is validation. I thought Experian was supposed to do disputes directly on your behalf and have the CA validate what they have on file. Nope instead Experian is using themselves as the middle man and just forwards your information.

I get a letter on a piece of paper from experian that says take whatever questions you have up with the furnisher of the account. Basically they said to go pound sand we have nothing to do with you.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
polno1234
Contributor

Re: Experian isn't investigating anymore

experian does not dispute on your behalf. they will only ask the ca or oc to validate the information they have.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 2 of 5
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

They didnt even do that. They forwarded my dispute to the CA. The CA responds that we have received your letter blah blah blah, garbage garbage.

I never even sent the CA the dispute which proves Experian forwarded the dispute to them. 

Experian is supposed to verify the information is accurate how are they doing that with what they are doing? 

It is like they are taking every CA word that it is golden

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I have sent these guys numerous disputes CMRRR and what they are now doing is fowarding the dispute directly to the OC or CA instead of investigating themselves. Which also mean the CA's now have my updated mailing addresses and information.

I was wondering why on earth was the CA sending me garbage letters all of a sudden including something written on a piece of paper that they feel is validation. I thought Experian was supposed to do disputes directly on your behalf and have the CA validate what they have on file. Nope instead Experian is using themselves as the middle man and just forwards your information.

I get a letter on a piece of paper from experian that says take whatever questions you have up with the furnisher of the account. Basically they said to go pound sand we have nothing to do with you.

If you have a valid dispute file a complaint with the CFPB and let them hammer EX. EX is tops when it comes to flaunting the law they think they are so big that they are above it, an attitude shared by many corps today.

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Most often it's handled by eOscar.  Here's an exerpt.

EX:  Creditguy says there's a problem with this.  is it right?

CA:  yup,, looks good to me.

EX:  Thought so.. thanks...

EX to you:   Your dispute has been investigated and found to be frivoulous.

OK>.. it's not exactly like that.  But it's so sanitized it's ridiculous.  Send a direct dispute to the reporter.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.