Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score went up nearly 30 points

tag
rose214
New Contributor

Re: FICO score went up nearly 30 points

@Hersheykiss wrote:

I sent a letter to the CA indicating what I could offer to pay.  They didn't respond, but kept leaving me messages so I decided to call the person that has been calling me for 3 years.  She said there was no way they could take that amount (50%).  The original creditor would not accept it.  Supposedly, she reviewed it with higher-ups and called me back with a counter.  I had to accept it (90% OUCH) because we are building a new home and I needed this off of my record (lien on home).  I didn't have any problems at all dealing with them like some people complain about.  She asked me for my reason for not being able to pay the debt to start with, which was due to business failure  and actually was very understanding and friendly to me.  It wasn't as scary as I had imagined!  One thing I requested was a letter stating that they were settling the debt for the agreed amount.  I then sent them a cashier's check so they would not have my personal banking information.  Keep copies of everything and good luck!

Thank you for the info! I have sent the attorney a PFD, i voted against settlement because I didn't want ot open up a bigger can of worms. THe only thing I've heard back is a generic voicemail telling me to call them. I will keep pushin and see what I can do. I really want to get this taken care of and taken off my record so i can get my first home!!

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.