cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall off question

tag
Bostonguy

Fall off question

Hi I have a question on this account. As you can  see I have no activity in the last 7 years. Before I started reading this site I payed off the account. I am in Mass  Did I screw up I am not sure when the dofd was.   Thanks B    Credit AccountCredit Account Amex
Status as of [?] Nov, 2006 Date opened [?] Apr, 2001 Date of last activity [?] Feb, 2003 Date closed [?] Not Reported Account number [?] Not Reported Loan type [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] Not Reported Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Revolving Account holder [?] Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] $0
Descriptions [?]
  • Charged off account
  • Account closed by credit grantor

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $649 Bad debt/collection $649 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times Worst Delinquency [?] None Reported
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fall off question

Once an account has been charged off or sent to collections, the DOFD can not be changed.

So, no paying it likely didn't change that.

However, you need to know DOFD and you can only get that by 1) Knowing when you went delinquent 2) Getting a full report directly from the CRA  3) Calling the CRA and asking for FCRA Compliance Date.

I recommend #2.

If you haven't already, I would get your free annual reports, as these reports come directly from the CRA and provide much more information than reports you'll get elsewhere, like on myFICO or TrueCredit.

From what you posted DOLA is Feb 2003, so hasn't been quite 6 years from that date, but that date is usually not the same as the DOFD, so can't really go by that.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.