Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal National Credit Bureau offer

tag
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Federal National Credit Bureau offer

I'm trying to remove some baddies from my report. I received an offer to settle for 60% on this debt, but fncb isn't on my credit report. Since it's cheaper than the amt of the debt owed, if I were to pay them, wouldn't the other agency have to delete the trade line since two separate parties can't collect on the same debt?? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Federal National Credit Bureau offer

@krisssmmm wrote:

I'm trying to remove some baddies from my report. I received an offer to settle for 60% on this debt, but fncb isn't on my credit report. Since it's cheaper than the amt of the debt owed, if I were to pay them, wouldn't the other agency have to delete the trade line since two separate parties can't collect on the same debt?? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

CRA guidelines are that the collector should delete once their collection authority has ended on an unpaid debt. Pay the new collector whatever they will take with a promise of not reporting, and dispute the old collectors entry with the comment "collector does not have collection authority for this account"

Message 2 of 3
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Federal National Credit Bureau offer

Great. Thanks!! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.