Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First attempt at GW letters!

tag
cp94550
Regular Contributor

Re: First attempt at GW letters!

And another update... I sent approx 7-8 letters to all different people/addresses at HSBC and I got a call today from someone who received my letter. She was unable to locate my account in their system and directed me to their Debt Recovery line. Called the number and it was inaccurate so I called the Office of the President and explained my story, requested correct phone #, and asked if that office would be able to assist me. She gave me correct debt recovery line. I called them and they also had no record of my account and directed me to regular customer service. They also had no record of this account and..... They asked me to send my credit report which shows this account and they will remove! 2 accounts removed in the same week. Hope I see some jumps in my score!!!!

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Congratz, where do you get this luck at?!?! lol!

Was that 7 - 8 to the same people?

how often are you sending them?

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 12 of 14
cp94550
Regular Contributor

So far I have only sent out GW's in 2 batches.

First batch - sent an email & letter to President/CEO at Citicards and another letter to Vice President of Citi on 11/7. Got a response on 11/15 via phone from President/CEO office stating they received my email and will delete entire line from my CR.

Second batch - sent 8 letters to 8 different people at 8 different addresses at HSBC. I wasn't even sure if the names/addresses I found would people who could even access/review accounts, but thought it was worth a try. I also sent an email hrough the HSBC contact us website. Got a response to my email saying they can't help me with specific account info unless I login to secured site. I don't have an account any longer, nor do I know full account #, so I didn't follow up with that. Today I got the call from HSBC, they can't find my account, called a few different numbers, getting deleted from CR!

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Oh wow, i have been looking at this all wrong then, ..... i have sent 1 to a regular address hoping the right person would get it....

i think you need to hook me up with your secrets of where you get all their info lol! i would be sending out like 200 mails at once LOL 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.