Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ftsprogess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ftsprogess

My husband had passed away and left me with all types of bills that i cannot pay!
My credit report is so bad now that i cannot buy anything such as a house or even rent a house in my name and i need help to get my credit report cleared plus my identity was stolen .
I need all the help that i can get so that i will not have to pay all this off . i just cant seem to get ahead when i think i have done it another bill pops up where he had used my name many of times o wow the collections and fees just keep coming o boy he really fixed me and put me in a spot that i cannot affort to do anything all these bills i swear its so wrong for someone to do this.... He did a number o. Me and they took my truck he only paid the interest payments for 1 year and i was told that i owe 3000.00 dollars and i was making payments like clock work omg then the repoed my car what am i to do what next are they going to try to get my life is so messed up do to him wow no house no apt. No anything. Had to move in with a friend do to this i just need help quick please to be able to at least rent a house or even buy on that is all i would like to do
I would just love to get my life back but thanks to my husband i think i will be stuck in hell for the next 7 yrs..
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Ftsprogess

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband had passed away and left me with all types of bills that i cannot pay!
My credit report is so bad now that i cannot buy anything such as a house or even rent a house in my name and i need help to get my credit report cleared plus my identity was stolen .
I need all the help that i can get so that i will not have to pay all this off . i just cant seem to get ahead when i think i have done it another bill pops up where he had used my name many of times o wow the collections and fees just keep coming o boy he really fixed me and put me in a spot that i cannot affort to do anything all these bills i swear its so wrong for someone to do this.... He did a number o. Me and they took my truck he only paid the interest payments for 1 year and i was told that i owe 3000.00 dollars and i was making payments like clock work omg then the repoed my car what am i to do what next are they going to try to get my life is so messed up do to him wow no house no apt. No anything. Had to move in with a friend do to this i just need help quick please to be able to at least rent a house or even buy on that is all i would like to do
I would just love to get my life back but thanks to my husband i think i will be stuck in hell for the next 7 yrs..

Welcome to your forum. I'm sorry for your loss. For identity theft, I would suggest filing a police report asap and submitting it to the 3 CRA along with any collection agency or creditor where your identity information was used without your permission. That should help with those. For bills, could you list all your bills, including credit cards, loans (including interest) as well as how much you make? You might have to look around but you can rent some apt without good credit but would require a security deposit. You might even be able to get into a mobile home without good credit.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you dont live in a community property state and you did not sign to be obligated for the bills you are not responsible for payment of them his estate is (if there is any).

As far as the ID Theft entries are concerned you can use the laws in the FCRA to get those removed from your reports and I advise a freeze on all of them. Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

If you dont live in a community property state and you did not sign to be obligated for the bills you are not responsible for payment of them his estate is (if there is any).

As far as the ID Theft entries are concerned you can use the laws in the FCRA to get those removed from your reports and I advise a freeze on all of them. Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Regardless of community property state, the uphill battle is going to be proving that they were opened fraudulently (or in other words, without your consent). Complicating factors could include: were the bills for them paid from from your bank account or a joint account?

As with anything that's as complicated as this and with such dramatic effects, I'd suggest seeking the advice of an attorney. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.