Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW to Springleaf for late payment removal

tag
alexl22
Regular Contributor

GW to Springleaf for late payment removal

So I'm on like month 3 and 5 GW letters to Springleaf to get some late payments removed, the first one happened on Nov 2007, so will fall off next year. Here is the response I recieved from my lates one,

I am writing in response to your email dated October 03, 2013 to Spring leaf Financial
Services (Springleaf) regarding the removal of the late payment notations from your credit
report.
While we understand your position and desire to have these derogatory tradelines removed,
as we previously stated, we are obligated by contractual provisions with the credit bureaus
to report accurately and completely on each account. Our review of your account indicates
it was properly reported. Accurate reporting by all financial institutions is necessary to
maintain the integrity of the financial marketplace in making fair and fully informed credit
decisions.

One I did not ask for the TL to be removed just the late payments, and two are the obligated? Would it be against some contract with the CRA to remove late payments?

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW to Springleaf for late payment removal

@alexl22 wrote:

So I'm on like month 3 and 5 GW letters to Springleaf to get some late payments removed, the first one happened on Nov 2007, so will fall off next year. Here is the response I recieved from my lates one,

I am writing in response to your email dated October 03, 2013 to Spring leaf Financial
Services (Springleaf) regarding the removal of the late payment notations from your credit
report.
While we understand your position and desire to have these derogatory tradelines removed,
as we previously stated, we are obligated by contractual provisions with the credit bureaus
to report accurately and completely on each account. Our review of your account indicates
it was properly reported. Accurate reporting by all financial institutions is necessary to
maintain the integrity of the financial marketplace in making fair and fully informed credit
decisions.

One I did not ask for the TL to be removed just the late payments, and two are the obligated? Would it be against some contract with the CRA to remove late payments?

How severe is the late? If a 30, then I'd stop GWing since it isn't hurting. If a 60, I'd only continue if my report were clean otherwise.

It looks to be a form letter. The 2nd paragraph probably applies to everyone. I wouldn't read too far into it. Per the FCRA, if they choose to report, they must do so accurately. Many OCs/CAs won't delete because they are either, 1) lazy and send a canned letter to everyone, or 2) they really feel that changing the payment history doesn't reflect the borrower. Either way, send another GW. Try calling too.

Message 2 of 3
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW to Springleaf for late payment removal

I am in the same boat, BTW and have now sent 3 GW's.  The difference is I haven't received a response.  Smiley Tongue  My lates are from 2009.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.