Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill or credit repair

tag
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

Goodwill or credit repair

I ran into some financial difficulty with my business last month. Fortunately I'm getting
back on my feet. However I have some real estate holdings and I'm now 30 days late on
4 of my mortgages! Obviously that has really shot my credit along with a couple of 30's
on some credit cards. So what's the best course of action. Just try GW letters or go to a
"pro" and hire a reputable credit repair company. I know with these lates,especially on the
mortgages my credit is basically ruined. I would truly appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill or credit repair

Get the accounts caught back up- then send the GW letters.

30 day lates stinks and hurt really bad at first but you will recover in a few months if the GW don't work.

You credit is not busted- don't even go close to one of those repair places with 30 day lates.

Send them a GW letter every 5 weeks-
Message 2 of 11
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

Thanks Timothy, much appreciated.
Message 3 of 11
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

there is no such thing as a "reputable credit repair company"

Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 4 of 11
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

Please explain why exactly you say that??? Thanks.
Message 5 of 11
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

We're not supposed to discuss credit repair services within the forums, so without getting into too much detail, I will just say they're slime balls that charge an outrageous fee for little to no result. You can do the same thing by arming yourself with what you learn here, and its more rewarding to watch those lates fall off.
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 6 of 11
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

Well hopefully I won't be censored, but with all due respect,just asking,
if  I have abunch on me as well as my wife, I just don't have the time to
run a business, just hanging on, and try and fight credit repair. So are
you saying there's no such thing at all as legit credit repair companies???
They just can't get it done???
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was 34 days late on an auto loan and its been about 6 months since.  How long does it take to get over a 30 day posting?  I was thinking of a GW to the bank, but this same bank that we've had numerous loans with (3 current soon to be paid off) and have declined to loan on a newer car.  Don't see them GWing, do you?  They didn't use to use score only, now they do.
Message 8 of 11
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Jar1154,

Lates drop off your credit report 7 years after the fact.  However, it's effects lessen with time , so if you add no new negatives, your score will slowly improve (6months, 1 year, 2years, 3years, etc).  Though you have nothing to lose from trying a GW letter.  However, I suspect your car denial was base on more then just a single late.
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was 34 days late on an auto loan and its been about 6 months since. How long does it take to get over a 30 day posting? I was thinking of a GW to the bank, but this same bank that we've had numerous loans with (3 current soon to be paid off) and have declined to loan on a newer car. Don't see them GWing, do you? They didn't use to use score only, now they do.

They START to lose their bite after 12 months, but its after 2 years that your FICOs begin to REALLY recover.

Lates (and other negs) lose damage over time. Time heals all wounds, but especially FICOs.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.