cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill phone call to GMAC Mortgage today.... And the result....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill phone call to GMAC Mortgage today.... And the result....

It worked!!!  First I had the representative locate my account, and had her verify the late payment from Feb 2010...  Then I told her a fictional story of plight that would make Ray Bradbury proud.  She told me to hold on for a minute, and then she came back saying that it had been ammended and that I would receive a letter in the mail confirming this.  Thanks Collete!  I'm not sure how many points I will recover from this one act, but since I'm looking to qualify for a new home loan, and refinance my existing home, this is huge.  It's the only late mortgage payment in over 5 years.  So anybody considering doing a goodwill letter, I would ABSOLUTELY recommend a goodwill phone call first...  Or two...  Or three...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill phone call to GMAC Mortgage today.... And the result....

What phone number did you call and which department were you connected to?  
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill phone call to GMAC Mortgage today.... And the result....

@Anonymous wrote:

It worked!!!  First I had the representative locate my account, and had her verify the late payment from Feb 2010...  Then I told her a fictional story of plight that would make Ray Bradbury proud.  She told me to hold on for a minute, and then she came back saying that it had been ammended and that I would receive a letter in the mail confirming this.  Thanks Collete!  I'm not sure how many points I will recover from this one act, but since I'm looking to qualify for a new home loan, and refinance my existing home, this is huge.  It's the only late mortgage payment in over 5 years.  So anybody considering doing a goodwill letter, I would ABSOLUTELY recommend a goodwill phone call first...  Or two...  Or three...

GW efforts do work but you see nothing ethically wrong with lying? Would you recommend to your children that they lie to get something?

I'm just curious.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.