Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC does this letter mean verified?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC does this letter mean verified?

Ok, so here is my question. I send a DVL letter to HSBC and here is the response that I received, does this mean the debt is validate?

RE: Account Number ending in ****

We have received your credit bureau dispute regarding your Account issued ny HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the status if your OCHARD BANK VISA Account.  This letter is confirmation that we are currently reporting your Account to all relevant major credit-reporting agencies as follows:

Account is sold.  Any balance that may have been due was transferred in the sale.

As of March 18,2009, we no  longer own this account.  Please direct al future inquiries regarding this account to the new legal owner at:

SHERMAN

(888)665-****

Sincerely,

ORCHARD BANK VISA

Customer Service Department

So I did contact the collection agency and I have paid the collection.  I am wondering if with this letter if I can have HSBC, the OC, removed as a charge off from my bureau report. Can anyone help me with this?  I am desperately trying to raise my score 25 points by December. I have 2 letters like this one for 2 different HSBC accounts.

Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC does this letter mean verified?

No. It meas they sold the collection. No, this letter won't do anything to help you get the oC to remove the charge off, you would have to GW them directly for that. Also GW the CA. Is the second CA reporting too?
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  It just means that they had sold that account to the CA and they are done with it.  GW letters is the way to go with them now.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:
No. It meas they sold the collection. No, this letter won't do anything to help you get the oC to remove the charge off, you would have to GW them directly for that. Also GW the CA. Is the second CA reporting too?

Ok I did try to PFD before I paid to no avail.  I did pay the collection off.  So my question is this, how do you try to GW an OC when it was sold to a collection agency? Is this actually possible?  Will the OC even consider this since they had to sell the account to get their payment?  I just this week sent a GW letter to Target after it was a charge off and sold. I of course have not received a response as of today.  And if a CA won't do a PFD what are the odds that they will do a GW?  What am I asking for in the GW?  Please help!!

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It will most likely be tough, but that does not mean you shouldn't try....

When the OC charges-off a debt, they have made a formal determination that, not only is the debt delinquent, they also consider the consumer unlikely to pay in the future, and thus can delete that receivable asset from their accounting books.  Not a very favorable determination on their part, and not one likely to lead to good-will in deleting their reporting that your debt was "uncollectible." 

Do you have compelling circumstances that might make their view more favorable?

Message 5 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I agree, yes you can still try to GW. And you never know.

I never had any success with GW letters, but I did have good success with GW phone calls. Weird, I know. it seems the GW letters I sent out must have really P'd people off, because they took the time to write me back to say NO!
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.