Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard pull ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard pull ?

I was at my bank the other day and asked about a line of credit for overdrafts.  I really didn't have time to wait for a person to help me so I made arrangements for someone to call me at 9:00 the next day...well lo and behold when I pulled my credit the next morning the bank had already pulled my credit.  I hadn't filled out an application or talked to anyone yet to start the application.

I called the bank and the lady at the bank said that she started the application for me and that when they do that they automatically pull your credit.

Can they do this?  Now I have a hard pull on my credit and EQ at that...my worst CR...I still didn't fill out an application.  Can I have it removed. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard pull ?

What kind of 'arrangements' did you make? How did the lady obtain your information for the application?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made arrangements for the lady at the bank to all me the next morning.  When I spoke to her she said that she pulled an application from my file that I filled out in 2006 and used that info to start the application for me. 
Message 3 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Seems like you did not give them your consent. May or may not be legit.

Why did you fill out an app in 06? For any credit? If so, is that credit extended still open? If so, then she can pull a hard. If you have no open accounts, I suspect not.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like an inquiry for a transaction not authorized by the consumer, and thus subject only to a soft inq.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no credit accounts at that bank...just a checking account.  I received an email from CCT that I had a new inquiry...so that is a hard pull...correct?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.