cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...Please. Cleaned up credit to now "NO" credit history.

tag
chevyman
Contributor

Re: Help...Please. Cleaned up credit to now "NO" credit history.

How did ur entire credit history get deleted
Message 11 of 19
kbl7td
Established Member

LOL its not the end of the world. You're no diff than a 16yr old who opens a CC. Get yourself a first progress secured card, you won't be denied. They report to all three CRA and your score should rise significantly. Their online access is easy to use as well.

Message 12 of 19
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

You can probably still get a cap 1 platinum. Trying shopping for sp preapprovals for WFNNB? Fingerhut? Maybe Kay's?

OR get added on to someone's card as an AU. That may help a little bit.

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 13 of 19
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Really, you're at a stage were a lot of us wish we were. I would be so happy to have a clean slate. So it's not so bad. You'll build very quickly once you get started. Smiley Happy

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BostonGirlNLA wrote:

I did not ask for positive TL's to be removed.  I had no credit cards of my own.  I never did.  However I suffered from Identity theft from someone who knew I was living with outcredit.  They opened a SLEW of credit in my name; cable, dental, HSBC...  This year newly single and having to provide for myself I knew I had to establish some credit.  I pulled my credit report in February PRIOR to applying for credit and saw all these items on my report.

so 

I began the process of removing them and have had success.  There were no Positive TL's to remain there...everything was in collections or charged off and NONE of them were mine.  Because I could prove I did not live where these accounts were set up etc. all but an HSBC charge off in 2008 has been removed....

It sounds as if you are saying that **everything** other than the student loan was fraudulent and not yours?  If that is the case then you are in good shape and should proceed based as if you are starting from scratch as one would do when they initially start out.  If these TLs were not yours and they have been removed then congratulations is in order!  Next steps: careful on the app'ing!  Be gentle with that as too many HPs in a short period of time could look "not positive".  Find a secured CC such as CapitalOne or similar that will accept a new customer that is just starting out.  If you cannot determine this from their website then ring them up - possibly even using their backdoor number to go directly to a credit analyst.  Really, if this is the case then you're in good shape as many folks *just* starting out will not be "scoreable".

If you are able, have some one add you as an AU on a good TL, one that has no lates, a low UTIL and a decent length of history.  This would be a jumping point for you and after the TL reports to your CR you should be able to get another secured card or possibly even a low-limit unsecured card.  Overall, you are in good shape and you now have the waiting game to play Smiley Happy  Once you obtain one or two secured CCs (even low limits!) and perhaps even an AU TL then *wait* and allow those to age for about one year.  Use them wisely during that time allowing them to report with a 3%-9% UTIL and **never** pay late.  [EDIT] Add funds to the Secured cards during this one year period to increase your CL - even $25 here and there adds up over the course of one year.  This will add a positive for your UTIL and the existing higher limits will look favorable when manually reviewed by other companies as it shows you are able to manage your credit wisely.  After this one year period you should be able to obtain a store card such as Macy's or similar.  It too will have a low limit but allow that to age.

Again, if this is the case and you truly had NO credit of your own (everything was fraud, etc) then be happy as you are in good shape to begin traveling the road on to the 600 / 700 / and even the 800 club Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and a great big PS: when my niece turned 20 she attempted to pull her CRs and was told the same - "there's nothing to view therefore there is no score to be given".  She became an AU on a good TL (from her parents - they did not give her a card lol) and two months later hopped into her local credit union, opened a share & share draft, then chatted with the manager.  Based on the AU TL they approved her for a $500 secured loan.  She paid in full by month 12 ... long story short, she is now 26 and has FICOs in the upper 700s and even an 800.  Again, you're in a good spot so crack a big grin and hold your head up high Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 19
blk8
Regular Contributor

You are in a good position and have many positive outcomes to this situation. You options are:

1. If you are still in school, go to your bank and apply for a student credit card. Its easy to get approved without credit for student cards who are still attending college.

2. Go to your bank and apply for a secured credit card. I know Bank of America will offer you a student or secured card.

3. Have a trusted family member add you on as a AU on their credit card.... preferrably a card with long history, perfect payments, and a balance not exceeding 10% of the available credit.

If you take option #3, it should report to your credit within 45 days and you should have no problems applying for a CAP1 card or many others shortly after it reports.

Hope this helps.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 17 of 19
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH to all of you for responding and making me feel so much better.

and yes NON of that credit on my report was mine.  An old roomie took advantage of the fact that I did not use credit and screwed up my report and it has taken me quite a while and a lot of tutilage from this forum to clean it up.

My boyfriend has an 800 credit score and a VERY clean  credit history with high limits and low utilization and no late payments in the last 8 years and has added me as an AU to his Amex and Citi card and I successfully got a Capital One secured card.  I just posted a question in a different post but does my mailing address need to be the same as my BF's for it to report to my credit reports.  He just did this on Monday of this week (3/25) so I guess I could just be patient and wait...but I thought I'd ask

Message 18 of 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@BostonGirlNLA wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH to all of you for responding and making me feel so much better.

and yes NON of that credit on my report was mine.  An old roomie took advantage of the fact that I did not use credit and screwed up my report and it has taken me quite a while and a lot of tutilage from this forum to clean it up.

My boyfriend has an 800 credit score and a VERY clean  credit history with high limits and low utilization and no late payments in the last 8 years and has added me as an AU to his Amex and Citi card and I successfully got a Capital One secured card.  I just posted a question in a different post but does my mailing address need to be the same as my BF's for it to report to my credit reports.  He just did this on Monday of this week (3/25) so I guess I could just be patient and wait...but I thought I'd ask

Awesome news....Must be nice your boyfriend added you on a AU. My wife nags me for mine lol. You get one of these!!!!

tumblr_lj3t79ToKm1qchk28.gif

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.