cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help/advice about pay for deletion

tag
BeBlessed

Help/advice about pay for deletion

Hello, I'm new to this... I have been negotiating a debt I have with ACCB collection company. It was two years ago apartment complex early lease termination fees of 7600. They offered me a settlement of 6000. And a deletion. I tried to counter offer 5000 and the deletion but they said no way..,, should I take this offer and is it a good deal? Please help! I've never done this before.... They want the money by 2:00 tomorrow
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help/advice about pay for deletion

Is it a valid debt that you do not dispute?

If so, I would take the PFD and a letter saying they will.

Message 2 of 4
axxy
Regular Contributor

The problem with paying by 2 tomorrow is that you won't have a letter from them by then promising to delete it from your credit report.  Never trust a collection agent.  Get everything in writing, including the deletion, before you pay.  When a collection agent demands payment before you can get a letter from them, it's often because they don't intend to honor their promise to delete it.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That is not necessarily true.  Many, many times posters have had a CA honor their word that a TL would be deleted.  Sometimes you just have to do it and hope for the best.  An oral contract is just as binding.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.