Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help need to get a construction loan in 2 years with bad credit now

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help need to get a construction loan in 2 years with bad credit now

My husband and I went through a tough time after our first child was born ( he had to stay in NICU) which caused huge hospital bills that were not covered by insurance. Since then my husband has a much higher paying job and we are able to save more money. We have numerous later on our mortgage and almost lost our home --- now we are all caught up and on auto matic bill pay. I also had nearly all my credit cards go to collections. We are trying to start over and wipe the slate clean so we rented out our home so we can save the Max amount of money and rebuild credit. Our goal is to build a home in two years. Is it possible to get another mortgage let alone a construction loan with a credit past like ours???? Help what can we do to make this happen???
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help need to get a construction loan in 2 years with bad credit now

I am in kind of a similar sistuation about the home issue. My wife and I went through some tough time's (we didn't have a major medical issue and i hope your child is doing well) but we did run into hard times with our finances after our first daughter was born. We had some cc's charged off and settled and a few collections and 2 small judgements that are paid. We also fell behind on our home and car loan but have since recovered. In our case we have a good relationship with our local bank and we are wanting to start building our first house within a year. After several conversations with the banks president and vice president they basically wanted to see the old debt paid off, everything clean for 2-3 years and 20% down and we could probably do the deal. I have been freaking out about my score and they told me my score is more of a guide line, that they look at the whole credit file, how was everything handled before the incident, during the incident and after the incident. Were the old accoutns paid, are the new accounts being payed as agreed, and what does cash flow look like. My advice would be to talk to your current bank and feel them out, maybe flat out ask them, thats what i did. Maybe start building a relationship with a new bank. Everyone has a little different scenario and for me i guess i am just lucky and have always made good to my local bank. Best of luck to you in your journey.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help need to get a construction loan in 2 years with bad credit now

first step is to pull your free credit reports from www.annualcreditreport.com and see whats in them. Then go to a broker and have them do a lender pull to see where you are sitting scorewise.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.