Student Loan 3693. Bal 4100 CL
08 BK-From XSpouse Business
DTE 100% Timely Payments from 2010-2013

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help needed to increase FICO

My FICO is 681. I have excellent payment history other than the 08 BK. If this helps. Unfortunately, I have few trade lines and my oldest is under 5 yrs ago due to the divorce and his BK that I had to sign off on.

I feel like I've done all that I can do up to this point and now I'm stuck on how to move forward.
Message 2 of 12
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Any suggestions?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any derogatories on your reports? You may simply need to grow your current accounts with CLI's.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any savings to speak of? You might get a secured card from a CU like SDFCU - no hard pull that way. Any inquiries on your CR?

Message 5 of 12
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

I have normal charges. Yes the Bankruptsy from my Xhusbands business in 08 is keeping me from generating a higher score, I'm sure. I suppose in could ask for CL increases. I do not charge over 30% and never carry over more than a 5% .
Message 6 of 12
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Message 7 of 12
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

^inquiries
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would look at getting another credit line, preferably something thats a 'soft pull' so you don't have an added inquiry.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much you put on a card is not important as long as its paid down before the balance reports. Thats usually a near the statement cut date. You can max it out and pay it down ten times a month and it won't effect anything as long as its paid down on the report date. Doing that may actually generate more transaction fees for the lender and actually encourage them to give you a CLI. I know if I was a lender I would see it that way.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.