Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!

I monitor my CR every morning using CCT. This morning I saw an 18 point drop! I looked into my report as to why and I see a new collections account.from AARGON AGENCY. I called them to figure out what it was and I guess I forgot to pay a measly $162 utility bill with ameren when I left an apartment 3 years ago. I informed them I never recieved any correspondence on the matter but am trying to set myself up to purchase a home and asked them if they would consider PFD for the $162 then so I could be done with it. They informed me they "don't do that". What should I do? Pay it then send a GW letter? Press the PFD more? Thanks all

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!

Try contacting the UTILITY company and pay them direct and have them recall from the collection agency and remove from report.   If they don't agree to that - I had success in paying the OC directly and then disputing the CA because they didn't have authorization to collect anymore.   It's worth a shot.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I called Ameren as advised. They told me my balance owed was $132 (different from what CA is reporting) and that I couldn't pay over the phone because the account was older but I could swing by after work and pay it in full this afternoon. I am going to go that route. After that I just wait a few weeks then send the CA a DV letter correct? Thanks much

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just disputed it with each report - TU, EQ, and EX directly with a copy of the receipt.    Ex dropped within a day, EQ and TU within a week or so.   I don't know if that is the 'official' way to do it = but it worked. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I paid ameren in full yesterday, then filed a dispute with exp, and uploaded my ameren reciept to experian's upload site. Today the collection is gone. Thanks for the advice!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

09ROPSI wrote:

Update: I paid ameren in full yesterday, then filed a dispute with exp, and uploaded my ameren reciept to experian's upload site. Today the collection is gone. Thanks for the advice!

It seems pretty flawed, but it does have me thinking. I have one collection account left for $878 and I've asked the CA for a PFD many times and asked the OC to recall. I'm wondering if the OC will just take payment and I can dispute it using his reciept? I have to pay it regardless in preperation for a home loan in the not so distant future.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.