Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get my score up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i get my score up

i had a foreclosure three years ago with some revolving debt that charged off and shows bad debt.  I have since restablished with a truck loan and show a good history of 15 months no lates.  I have no other credit cards or installment loans in my name.  I am on three credit cards as an authorized user but the balances are close to the limit.  If these balances get paid down, will this help my score to go up?  I have old collections for medical on there since 04/08 and 09/09.  The revolving credit cards are from 03/08, and 04/07.  What can I do to get my scores up.  My Equifax scores is a 574.  Thanks Shaun

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: How do i get my score up

Removing yourself as an AU from those nearly maxed cards would give you your quickest score increase.

@Anonymous wrote:

i had a foreclosure three years ago with some revolving debt that charged off and shows bad debt.  I have since restablished with a truck loan and show a good history of 15 months no lates.  I have no other credit cards or installment loans in my name.  I am on three credit cards as an authorized user but the balances are close to the limit.  If these balances get paid down, will this help my score to go up?  I have old collections for medical on there since 04/08 and 09/09.  The revolving credit cards are from 03/08, and 04/07.  What can I do to get my scores up.  My Equifax scores is a 574.  Thanks Shaun

As for the other stuff.  Are the CO's paid-in-full?

You may want to look into some secured cards 2-3, to help establish your own AAoA, and insure you keep your util% down.

But again, the first thing I would do, is remove myself as an AU from maxed accounts the high util is only hurting your score.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do i get my score up

Ok, what if the balances are paid down on the account that I am an authorized user on-will this help me at all?  The accounts have been opened for sometime.    I am trying to buy a home and cannot open any new lines.  The collections are not paid off because they are so old and I was told not to pay right now because it will drop my score.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.