Established Member
styledata

How proceed after initial overture to Shell

Hello, I need some advice on how to proceed. Back story - Several collections (many medical) three small credit cards (2 First Premiere, 1 Shell).Bad financial period over, but I have not sought any new credit until now. I need a new car. I went in and talked face to face with a loan officer at my credit union last November and she showed me what I needed to pay to qualify for an auto loan, and said if I did we could do something by summer. And she even said it would be okay if I did NOT pay the big medical one ($3K-ish). So since then I have been whittling them all down, paying in full. I did not know at the time about PFD letters, so I am now sending GW letters to them asking for deletes after pay. We'll see how that goes!

The question - I have one to go, Shell, for $1137, at least half of which I know is late fees and interest. See below. I sent an 'exploratory' certified letter asking for "an accounting" of the difference between the past due amount of $583 and the total of $1137. I did not know or use PFD jargon at the time I sent the letter. I also clearly indicated I wanted to work out a settlement amount and payment arrangement. And all I got back was a letter asking for my credit card number if I wanted a DV.

I am trying to figure out what to do. The SOL is out (3 years in my state). But I need to move quickly, no time for sparring with them as I really need to get the car. Should I try to call them? I think I found a number for them. Should I write again?

Any advice anyone has would be appreciated. The loan officer has been very gracious and supportive, and I want to repay that trust but I also want to do the best I can for myself in the Shell situation.

Shell/Citi

Status as of Date opened [?] Date of last activity [?] Largest past balance [?] Account Type [?] Account holder [?] Scheduled Payment Amount [?]
Sep, 2008
Jun, 1990
Mar, 2008
$625
Revolving
Individual
$10

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}