Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

How proceed after initial overture to Shell

Hello, I need some advice on how to proceed. Back story - Several collections (many medical) three small credit cards (2 First Premiere, 1 Shell).Bad financial period over, but I have not sought any new credit until now. I need a new car. I went in and talked face to face with a loan officer at my credit union last November and she showed me what I needed to pay to qualify for an auto loan, and said if I did we could do something by summer. And she even said it would be okay if I did NOT pay the big medical one ($3K-ish). So since then I have been whittling them all down, paying in full. I did not know at the time about PFD letters, so I am now sending GW letters to them asking for deletes after pay. We'll see how that goes!

The question - I have one to go, Shell, for $1137, at least half of which I know is late fees and interest. See below. I sent an 'exploratory' certified letter asking for "an accounting" of the difference between the past due amount of $583 and the total of $1137. I did not know or use PFD jargon at the time I sent the letter. I also clearly indicated I wanted to work out a settlement amount and payment arrangement. And all I got back was a letter asking for my credit card number if I wanted a DV.

I am trying to figure out what to do. The SOL is out (3 years in my state). But I need to move quickly, no time for sparring with them as I really need to get the car. Should I try to call them? I think I found a number for them. Should I write again?

Any advice anyone has would be appreciated. The loan officer has been very gracious and supportive, and I want to repay that trust but I also want to do the best I can for myself in the Shell situation.

Shell/Citi

Status as of Date opened [?] Date of last activity [?] Largest past balance [?] Account Type [?] Account holder [?] Scheduled Payment Amount [?]
Sep, 2008
Jun, 1990
Mar, 2008
$625
Revolving
Individual
$10
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.