Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can finally claim VICTORY over:

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can finally claim VICTORY over:

MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT, ARROW FINANCIAL, LVNV, CALVARY PORTFOLIO, AFNI and CREDIT ONE BANK.  As you all know, I DV'd these companies and recieved verification that my certified letters were recieved.  I also contacted the BBB for Midland as well as AFNI and this morning I decided to purchase the score watch to see if my 19 inquires were indeed deleted and lookie lookie.... I see that I have gained 82 points by EQ.  My score went from 576 to 658 from July 5, 2008.  I know that my TU and EX were updated as well but I refuse to pay another $47 just to see what the scores are.  I am thinking I should just wait until my investigation is complete with TU on the 15th of this month to re-pull my scores.  DH and I are in the market for a mortgage and I was holding us up. 

Well 700 club I will be there soooooooooooooooooooonSmiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can finally claim VICTORY over:

You have more willpower than I do... I had a lapse of good judgment yesterday, and purchased my scores (for the second time this month) because I couldn't stand the suspense after I knew major corrections had been applied. My EQ score went up 67 points because of it...

My TU and EX disputes are both due by the 17th, and I'm waiting for 2 recent 60 day late marks to come off. I keep telling myself... no more buying reports until all the errors are off.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, we are trying to save as much as possible.  What are your thoughts on this.  If I know that EQ has updated my info do you think there is a chance that maybe TU ans EX has done the same even though they have stated that my investigation would end on 7/15?  Gosh, you have me second guessing my will power.  LOL I just may have to check it to see if the changes are completed....

4/08  TU-487  EQ -523  EX-550
7/08   TU-550  EQ-658  EX-591  

STILL WAITING ON MAJOR UPDATES FROM TU AND EX
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i read your comments in the forum. i too have a 60 day late. how soon does that come off my report? how do i get it off sooner?
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

number1 wrote:
i read your comments in the forum. i too have a 60 day late. how soon does that come off my report? how do i get it off sooner?

It will come off 7 yrs from that date if the account is still open. Or you can GW your creditor.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to SW, I also use True credit's 3 in 1 monitoring service. It allows me to pull new reports every 24 hours, + one minute. That's how I know who has updated, and who has not; I go to TC and pull new reports. (Which I shouldn't do so often, because the instant I see changes on TC, the suspense to see my FICO scores is almost unbearable.) It's the FICO Scores that I really need to increase.

Number... with my 60 day late marks: my SL company granted me a forbearance, but mistakenly applied it to only one loan, when they were supposed to apply it to all three loans. So, 2 loans (erroneously) appear as if they were 60-days late in Jan. 08. I had to call the SL company to find out what happened... they are going to fix it, and send me a conformation letter about the correction. (Which I plan to fax to the CRA's if they haven't already corrected on my reports by then)
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

number, I think the late marks stay on for 7 years, but they cause the most damage to your scores when only 2 years old or less. (recent)

Every time I have GW'd a late pay... I get entire accounts deleted. Smiley Surprised

(Twice this worked in my favor, but once it's worked to my detriment. Use caution when challenging late marks on closed TL that you want to KEEP on your reports.)

Message Edited by ConvexLes on 07-09-2008 07:57 PM
Message 7 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I concur about True Credit. They are a pretty excellent monitoring service. I pull habitually every day, and when I see any major change, I know it's time to pull FICO scores.

But then again, I am a horribly addicted FICOholic.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.