Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand....

tag
ttrations
Valued Member

I don't understand....

Someone please help me understand what has happened.  I am in the process of rebuilding and I was notified that my score has dropped Due to 2 things:

1.  An old charged off Capitol 1 updated to say that it was charged off, had been transferred or sold.

2.  Sallie Mae reported something about an old Chapter 13.

i dont understand why my score went down from old accounts updating.

In the garden until Dec 2014
Latoshia_gray@yahoo.com
Current: TU 621, EQ 564, EX 630
Goal: 670 across the board
Wallet: Cap 1 secured and unsecured, USAA AMEX secured, NFCU secured MC, Walmart, JCP, Kohl's, Victoria's Secret, Barclays
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I don't understand....

Sounds like you have been re scored based on the verified date coming to current. Its a quirk from what I understand.

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I don't understand....

@ttrations wrote:

Someone please help me understand what has happened.  I am in the process of rebuilding and I was notified that my score has dropped Due to 2 things:

1.  An old charged off Capitol 1 updated to say that it was charged off, had been transferred or sold.

2.  Sallie Mae reported something about an old Chapter 13.

i dont understand why my score went down from old accounts updating.

If a negative account has not been updated for a while and it does all of a sudden, it brings the update to a current date making it appear to be newer than it is and will drop your score.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.