Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates Reporting Differently

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates Reporting Differently

On all 3 credit bureaus, my lates are reporting very differently for one account.  Do I dispute this with the credit bureaus or do I go to the credit card company.  If I go through the credit bureaus, what method should I use. Honestly, I don't even think this card was ever late because it was prepaid.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lates Reporting Differently

Through my credit rebuilding journey, there was always discrepancies.  There was approx. a 1 - 2 month difference between each bureau.  From my experience, TransUnion was the most forgiving and generally removed negative accounts up to. 6 months early.   On the other extreme - Equifax was the least forgiving.  

e.g. I have a delinquent Home Depot account.  I was able to get TransUnion to suppress the account early.  Experian is going to report the account until 11/2015 while Equifax is scheduled to report the account until 02/2016.  

I personally found that trying to dispute the accounts with either the creditor or CRA was a headache.  

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lates Reporting Differently

It depends upon whether one of their different reportings is inaccurate, not upon whether their reporting is consistent or the same with each CRA.

How, speciifically, are the reporting with each CRA, and how is the difference inaccurate?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.