cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Law Offices of Mitchell D. Blume and Associates.

tag
newstart2010
Blogger

Law Offices of Mitchell D. Blume and Associates.

For the last 6 nights I have been getting a call from a 866 number.  Its always after 10pm, and If I don't answer they never leave a message.  When I do answer I get the "Please continue to hold while we help other customers" message.  I will remain on hold for 15 minutes, then the phone hangs up on me.  When I call back the number (866-945-8627) I get a recording saying that I have reached the Law offices of Mitchell D. Blume and Associates. 

No clue who these people are.  A look online tells me they are junk debt collectors.  Anyone know who they usually collect for?  What their primary focus is?  I need to send them a do not contact order, esp because they keep calling after 10pm.  

Any insight on this company would be great!!  I am close to wanting to send an ITS letter to them, without even hearing who they are collecting for.

TIA!!!!

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Law Offices of Mitchell D. Blume and Associates.

If you dont know who they are, and cant associate them with any specific collection actvity, then it is kinda hard to send a cease communicaston letter under FDCPA 805(c).

Until they provide you something concrete in the way of showing you collection on  specific debt, just dont talk to them. Put a block with your phone proviider on any calls from that number, and force them to show their hand, in writing, to you.

Message 2 of 3
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: Law Offices of Mitchell D. Blume and Associates.

I know, that is what is so tough.  They never answer their phone from that automated dialer they use, so i can't get the address.  I don't want to give them any information to send me something if they are just a junk collector.  They are so frustrating!! 
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.